V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at less than 5k miles and have noticed an occasional ring of fork fluid around the upper left fork. Well, I just got back in town after being out for about 5 days, and now there's a puddle of fork fluid by my front wheel. Seems kinda odd that the seals would wear out that fast, but the front end bottoms out quite often (much more than the rear), which probably doesn't help the situation...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I'm heading back to the dealer, but they are way too backed up -- over a month's wait just to get bike serviced. Guess that explains why they are about to open a new dealership..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Curious------

My wife rides a Honda Spirit -----were waiting for a windshied for it, and I stopped at the Honda shop to check on it------One of their service guys came out and was put'n the eyeball on the Rod , and one of the first things he did was grab and wipe his hand around one of the forks , then feel it.

This caught my eye even though he said nothing------I wondered what caught his attention and was going to ask him, and then got sidetracked------I'm a little sensitive about the front end right now see'n how I'm have'n a front tire wear problem ( see my post on the subject )

I'll be keep'n an eyeball on those forks........

Hutch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts