V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it is an adhesive to go over the dash. I have one on my Night Train. Just be carefull when putting it on. The adhesive is strong and sticks quikly so make sure you have it in the right spot, otherwise you just lost a good amount of money.

·
Registered
51 Posts
..don't give up yet.

Put one on my Heritage Springer, a red "Roadshadow" color. I think the key to the adhesive working is to heat up the surface of the dash with a hairdryer.......just until it's warm enough to get the adhesive working right. Be sure to clean the surface you're going to attach it to with a solvent, I used turpintine. I thought I might have trouble with it lifting, especially in the bend it has to follow on the lower end of the dash where the ends bend down towards the tank but no problems yet. I've washed it, waxed it, been in several rain storms. It really looks nice, really custom and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it.

Jim

·
Registered
201 Posts
Got one on my Deuce that matches the Luxury Rich Red paint. Looks good and is easy to install. I removed the stock brushed aluminum one and cleaned the console with denatured alcohol. Heated the console with a hair dryer and put the new one on. No problems with it coming loose.

-jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
I want the black one...

I would like to get the black one but I live in Phoenix, AZ and I'm worried about the heat getting to it and recking the $89.00 I will spend! Anyone just thought about painting the area the dashinator covers? Anyone own one of these from the desert climates?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a black leather one for my '04 Heritage and luv it!
As mentioned, use alcohol to clean and hair dryer to warm.
I have had no problems.
Also, as a side benefit,it cuts down on the glare coming off the stock panel!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts