V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about these for my 08 Road Glide. I wonder how they hook up, as I find I take the bags off once in a while to wash the bike. Also, how do they wire to the lid and is the wire in the way if you are using the bag a lot?

Thanks

Tom

·
not sober all the time
5,581 Posts
Bingo said:
I was thinking about these for my 08 Road Glide. I wonder how they hook up, as I find I take the bags off once in a while to wash the bike. Also, how do they wire to the lid and is the wire in the way if you are using the bag a lot?

Thanks

Tom
They connect under the seat to the accessory connector. It's a plug and play deal there. There is a quick connect at each saddlebag that makes removing the bag an extra 3 second process. There is one hole you must drill in each bag near the shock. A grommet is furnished for the wire to pass through at this point. Three holes are drilled into the lid. One for the wire going to the light and two bolt holes. Adhesive clips keep the wire tucked away inside the bag. I've had mine for over two years and it doesn't leak water into the bag. It's a pretty neat installation. I use the bags often, up to 3,300 miles in one trip. The wiring and lights have never been a problem. The extra running lights/brake lights are welcome. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Bingo

Bingo said:

Thanks

Tom

I too have a set of those LED Spoilers on a King Tour Pack, and on each saddle bag. For the Tour Pack, I purchased a couple extra Deutsch connectors from HD and fabricated a pigtail that reaches out past the left rear fender strut. Now I can disconnect the Antenna and the power lead to the Tour Pack LED Spoiler as I am releasing the Tour Pack from its quick disconnect. The wires for the Saddle Bags on my Road Glide run through a grommet on each side and were set up to connect to a connector thats pretty much hidden behind the license plate. Shoot me a PM if you want and I be glade to make some digital images for ya. I like this mod because it lights up the back end of the bike nice, especially at night.-2$en#e-

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I have them and agree with Roadie and Salty on the installation. If you have the HD run/brake/turn signal module, it's very easy to wire the saddlebag LEDs as turn signals also. I cut off the pigtail that goes to the accessory connector and spliced one power wire from each LED to the turn signal wires from the module: IIRC violet left; brown right; and a ground wire from each LED to the ground in the module.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Ok i am lost. I have looked all under the seat for the accesory plug for the tour pack light hook up and can not find it. Am i overlooking it or could someone tell me a bit more where to look closer. Thanks Booggerbe

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
The tour pak quick disconnect is a black, three wire AMP connector. It is most likely zip tied to the left frame rail/wiring harnesses--pull the left side cover and seat. Because of its length it is folded over on itself and zip tied to a bunch of other black wires/conduit making it hard to see, expecially if it has been tucked under them.

·
Registered
729 Posts
acc connector location

My trunk LED plugged into the acc connector located under my bike's saddle. This is a different connector than the one under the L. side cover where there radio ant. wire runs.

My acc connector had vibrated its way down and to the right. I had to remove my battery the first time I hunted it down. To make matters more difficult, the protective rubber boot made it blend in to the rest of the darkness down there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts