V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
mudboggin, welcome to the forum! Being from the Atlanta area myself, I've tried to offer some direction for those coming to the rally. Take a look at this thread and see if there's anything you can add.

Going to Atlanta?

By the way, what part of Georgia are you from? I'm in Powder Springs.

·
Registered
111 Posts
freebird21 said:
Anyone going to Atlanta for Hog Annual rally and start of the 100 year celebration ??????? Whats to do in Atlanta besides the Hog show....
Are you kidding, didn't you hear? The place is going to be lousy with bikers. :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Stone Mountain is one of the famous landmarks in the Atlanta area. If you have time, try and plan on visiting it and stay long enough to see the laser light show. It's pretty good. There's plenty of other things to do/see there also.

Click here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone going from VA to Atlanta

I going to Atlanta from Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg VA area leaving on the 18th. I'm looking for anyone that is leaving the same day to ride down there with. I'm planning to go down I81 to I77 to NC and then I 85 to Atlanta. Let me know if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Going to Atlanta from Lexington, NC - Taking I-85 all the way, leaving friday morning the 19th. My bud from ohio will be down thursday night and we will leave together friday, two road king classics headin to alanta.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I will head up on the 18th. Plan to enter the ride in show (look for my FXDXT W/ airbrush S/E on the fairing) for kicks. After the rally we will be heading to Mt Mitchel (Black Mountains) then on to W.Va. See you all at the show!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wasn't so impressed. The crowds were great on Friday. Saturday, it wasn't as busy. Anyone go in the evening on Saturday? Were the crowds thicker? I would estimate there were half the number of people there on Saturday compared to Friday.

jeff

·
Registered
30 Posts
It was a packed house on Friday. We got there about 4 Saturday afternoon and there was about half as many people as Friday, but by the time the concert started it was a full house. All and all it was alright.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the heat had alot to do with the turn out during the day, but in the afternoon the crowds were bigger. I also think alot of people decide on Saturday to do some other rides around the area. I went up to Stone Mountian with some people I meet at the Hotel and spent the day riding around. Sunday afternoon was packed for the Nugent and Journey Concert even with the threat of bad weather. All in All I had a great time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts