V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be there all weekend (19-21st ) and plan to do demo rides Friday.
This will be the 1st National HOG rally Ive been to (done Fl state rally) and I am planing for a good time.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
It's suppose to be quite a show! Enjoy and give us a report.

I've purchased my tickets for the LA leg of this 100th anniversary tour.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Since I live in the Atlanta area, if anyone needs help finding a place to stay, needs directions, or whatever, let me know. I'll be glad to help. Sorry - financial help is not available!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey my family will be there the whole weekend which areas of town should be avoided for motels Thinking about Peachtree or Marietta... Any suggestions besides those What else is there to do in Atlanta ....

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Interesting sites to visit

I have been there several times over the past few years. Some interesting places to visit downtown.

1. Martin Luther King exhibit/museum

2. Underground Atlanta (like an indoor flea market but they have some nice bands that play outside)

3. The downtown park where the bombing occured at the Olympic Games

4. The bars and clubs at Buckhead (almost like the French Quarter district of New Orleans)

Feel free to chime in all of your GA'ians.

·
Registered
684 Posts
For y'all that are coming to Atlanta, here's a link that may be helpful:
http://www.accessatlanta.com/

Where you stay depends on what you plan on doing during the evening. DP mentioned the bars in Buckhead. This is a hotspot for entertainment, but it will cost you in terms of driving time to/from the Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Downtown Atlanta is not any different than most other cities. There are some areas that should be avoided. I suggest that you plan your route before you get there. Don't misunderstand me! The downtown area should be on your list of places to see. There's the Underground, Coke Museum, Hard Rock Cafe, Varsity, and an endless number of other places to see. Checkout the weblink above for more things to do/see.

Hotels book rather fast here. There are over 70,000 rooms available, but good luck finding one around the event area. Don't be concerned if you have to stay 20-30 miles away from the Atlanta area. I live in Powder Springs, Ga. and it takes me about 30 minutes to get to where the events will take place.

If you need more info - just ask.

I hope y'all have a great time!

PS - the Southern accent is fake! I'm originally from St. Louis!!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts