V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am surprised we don't hear alot of sturgis talk on this board. is anyone going? if ya are, are you counting the days to sturgis time? come on, this is ganna be a BIG rally this year. camp grounds are selling tent space fast supposably, which makes people think that this will be a big year. any one else have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
I was wondering this myself, ginger. This board has over 2,000 members and this forum doesn't get any posts - very strange! Sturgis is Mecca for bikers! What gives?

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Well I am definately going. Decided to hump it all the way. No trailer and no motorhome rentals!

Still rounding up a crew to ride, but we will definately do something everyone! I'll keep you posted.

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the update DP. i bet it is a blast traveling a distance like that with a big group. i know i for one couldn't travel real far on the OM's bike. he has a sportster, and it is far from comfy...lol.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Well, we won't be making the trip this year. Have other bike-related vacation plans!;)

But we'll definitely make it again in 2003. I'll start checking now on whether we can rent the same place we rented in 2001.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Will, I for one know , that I am going this year...Made Reservation Last year All ready....My Boss screw me out, from my time last year......Not this year, by God.....Really looking forward to the event...See you there...Hog :cool:

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey hog!! how ya doin!! what camp ground are you staying at?

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry to report, but sturgis has been smoldering in heat lately. 110 just a few days ago. the hills and surrounding areas are extremely dry and we have had barely no rain in the last 2 mos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are going

Hello to all:
There are several of us going for the first time this year. We are from Florida and will be leaving on the 1st. We have all been to the Daytona thing several times; both Bike Week and Biketoberfest. This just seems the next step for us. We are going to have a wonderful time!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
N. Texas here, we are leaving at 5am on the 1st. Hope to be in Colorado before the heat of the day. We will be in Sturgis by nightfall the second day. Can't wait for the ride, my first time to make the trip. I would not mind cooler temps though. Seems weird to be going north and getting more heat than in Texas, where our summer has been mild so far.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The wife said sure I'll go but I'm not riding all the way thus the trailer. Oh well, at least I'm going and that was the objective. Son and his girl said hey we'll go with you.I'd guess you could say its a family vacation. See ya all in Sturgis!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Heading out in 11 days stopping by New Underwear Campground & Chicken ranch on the way , :D Then on to Sturgis for year 10.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
ginger,

Is anything still underway regarding setting up an "eyeball" for the members in town/the area for the Rally?

A while back, dp made some suggestions and others also added ideas? Anything firm at this time? It seems like several members will be in the area during the course of Rally.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
If there's going to be any kind of organized get together or meeting in Sturgis, the plans have to be made now. Someone, anyone who is going, has to step forward and say, OK, we'll meet at xyz @ blank o'clock on XXx day and XXXXX day.

Give it a try. You might even have some folks who show up.

I've had some wonderful experiences meeting people from this Forum. There are going to be several in Sturgis for Rally. Hmmm.

Now, I'm putting in a bid for setting up an "eyeball" in 2003. Who will give it try this year? The date, time and place have to be announced very soon because folks are going to be leaving as soon as the middle of next week.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
This will be #3 for me, and the 1st for the wife. Work hosed me out of going last year. Hooking up with my brother in Iowa, then riding out.

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
pasadena jim: i h aven't heard anymore about it, so i am guessing probley not this year. this town is really filling up fast. its ganna be a big rally, i am assuming by the looks of it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts