V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Softail cutom built bobber but I keep hearing about how great the FXR's handle and ride. I'm wondering if anyone here has went from the softail to the FXR and any issues, complaints, or any comments. Thinking of throwing it up for sale and moving over to one but looking for any information or ideas. Thanks. Was also thinking of doing a frame trade and keeping the items I have but can't get anyone to bite for a frame swap...

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
That's a nice looking Softie, good luck getting someone to trade frames though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
you'll never look back. ......

·
Laughing Poseur
5,259 Posts
I have a 93 Softail cutom built bobber but I keep hearing about how great the FXR's handle and ride. I'm wondering if anyone here has went from the softail to the FXR and any issues, complaints, or any comments. Thinking of throwing it up for sale and moving over to one but looking for any information or ideas. Thanks. Was also thinking of doing a frame trade and keeping the items I have but can't get anyone to bite for a frame swap...

good lookin bike Scotty.....while the the FXR frame is certainly a better handling frame then the rest its not going to make you a GP racer just by switching....don't expect miracles.

It really is a cult thing :coffee:

·
Super Moderator
20,905 Posts
I was still on a Fatboy most of last summer. It was a pig when compared to an FXR. I never had a scooter that plowed the front wheel through the turns like that Fatboy did.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good lookin bike Scotty.....while the the FXR frame is certainly a better handling frame then the rest its not going to make you a GP racer just by switching....don't expect miracles.

It really is a cult thing :coffee:
I do understand the following but I'm looking for a better ride and handling. Had a 93 FLHTC that rode great but the front end felt really heavy. Since they share similiar frames, should be a similiar ride. That's what I'm hoping for.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,259 Posts
I do understand the following but I'm looking for a better ride and handling. Had a 93 FLHTC that rode great but the front end felt really heavy. Since they share similiar frames, should be a similiar ride. That's what I'm hoping for.
they don't share similar frames (the FXR frame stands alone) but if thats what your lookin for end result you will be very happy with a FXR :)

·
Banned
164 Posts
I went back and forth a few times. I prefer my 92 stock FXR over a brand new Fatboy. Had almost every model HD in the last 25 years. FXR IMO is the best Pure Motorcycle Harley ever made.

You have a nice custom there, you might find a trade. Reconsider the frame trade thing.

Your best bet is to sell the custom and with a little xtra cash buy a nice FXR for $5-6-7k
Have you ever rode a Rubbermount? Dyna is similar to FXR, Some people just dont like rubbers, it took me a while to get used to. Now I would never go back.

I see now you had an FL. FX Very different. FXR One of a kind.

·
Registered
147 Posts
BUT.....nothing power slides like a FXR

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I had th cash, would just add the FXR to the stable but with todays economy..... Can only afford the 1 bike and stuck until I can get soemthing figured out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have rode a few soft tails and one fat boy my fxr turns quicker and can get out of sticky situations alot faster. Your center of gravity is a little higher and a shorter wheel base then the softtail allows for great counter steering (pull left handlebar and shift weight slightly to the left and youll almost jump right). handels much like a *** speed bike because your front wheel isnt half a block ahead of you.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,763 Posts
ScottyR, somehow I missed this thread. What did you decide, and how's it going?

Don't let me influence you, but we have secret decoder rings in the FXR Cult.

joe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm still waiting to get my hands on one. Still have the softy and no bites for local sales.... Still looking and lurking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts