V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to see if there are any fellow Minnesotans around here! Anyone going to the Defrost your Nutz Run in WI (this weekend) or the Flood Run in MN (April 20)?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi deb93fxlr... just found this forum so am late to your question on frost or flood run. I missed them - wasn't it snowing that weekend? Yeh, I'm in Minneapolis, ride a '99 fxdx (guess that's obvious, huh?). A few mods, most visible is the paint job by Voigt (in Shakopee). Soon as I digitize, I'll get a pic on the site.

The latest "Mn Motorcycle" has a calender with a pretty good listing of rides in it. The Mn abate site keeps pretty good track, too.

Finally got out a little today after the wonderful weekend we had - looking better in the forecast, though.

Stay warm...and right side up ;)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Hi Deb. I always do one or the other. Usually they are both about the same time. Two years ago they were both on the same day. Flood run is always a blast. Lets keep in touch and maybe we can get a HDF group to meet somehwere. Handshifter where you at?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi everybody,
Im over here in Wisconsin. I didn't do either run, but when it warms up I might be up for cruizin up your way for a run or two.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Minnesota

I realize the original post is almost a year old, but I only recently joined the forum.

I am from Rochester Minnesota. I made it to the Spring Flood Run of 2002 with my new V-Rod. I had another ride planned for the same day Fall Flood Run, so sadly I missed that one.

I also went to the bike show this last weekend (1/25/03). I had a good time looking at all the bikes. I picked up a Power Commander and hope to be upgrading the performance of my V-Rod this year. The V-Rod forum has been very informative and useful.

Spring couldn't come soon enough.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello to fellow Minnesota (and Wisconsin) riders.

I would rather be ridin' than readin' but until it warms up, I will continue to find a lot of useful information on harlelydavidsonforum.com .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey -

Add another biker from 'sota (Mpls.) on the list. My Wide Glide is hibernating in the garage right now, waiting to be unleashed in the spring. C'mon warm weather & street sweepers......

My brother introduced me to this site. It's a great area for motorcycle talk. My brother's forum username is 'bruzer'. He'll probably be 10+ clicks deep in the VRSCA sections......

I hope to take as many rides/runs as i can in 2003. If anyone has taken some good ones in the past or hear of some coming up - post it.

·
EvilMonger
8,792 Posts
Any of you ever hear of crow wing lake ??? I used to spend summers there growing up, visited again in 2000 on the way home from sturgis. Brought back some childhood memories. Always met the nicest people in Mn.

·
Registered
14 Posts
wurkenman said:
Lets keep in touch and maybe we can get a HDF group to meet somehwere. Handshifter where you at? [/B]
Hey Wurkenman, sorry 'bout the belated reply but I don't come here that frequently cause the page really loads up slow on my dial-up. Kinda frustrating. I live in Champlin, how 'bout you? Nice bike BTW. Flood Runs coming up soon, meeting up with other forum members would be cool. I'll try to be back more often. Take it easy.

Chief
'46 Indian
'99 FLHRCI

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
For the last ten years I worked at Remmele Engineering. Due to cutbacks I am no longer there. Went into work on 01-14-03 and they had my check ready and told me to hit the road. Was out of work 4 days, now Im at a little shop right in ER called Metal Craft. Nice rides.

·
Registered
196 Posts
A Wisconsinite here from the far side of the state from you Minnesotans. I'm about 35 miles south of Green Bay.

Handshifter, with that Chief you've got to be a member of the AMCA. The only motorcycle event I've made it to in your state is the AMCA national meet at Farmington.

Nice family picture....here's a group shot of my pan and its brothers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts