V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a house with no garage, and I'm thinking out getting a cycleshell. Has anyone used one? Anything good/bad to report? Any suggestions where to get a good price on one?

Thanks,
Steve

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"CycleShell is a fully enclosing, collapsible shelter designed for motorcycle protection and storage."

It looks to be better than a standard cover, but not as good as a garage. Their website is www.cycleshell.com

·
Registered
312 Posts
American Iron or one of those mags reviewed them last year and said they were a pretty cool. Doesn't look like they would last very long to me. I would think the wind and sun would tear it up.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Looks like a heck of lot of money for a cover. Touring: $425 + 75 shipping?!!

I didn't have a garage at my first house, but I did have a kitchen! The wife did get a little upset when I shot brake fluid up on the ceiling. :eek: And she never would give in to me drilling holes in the kitchen table to mount the motor! If you love your bike, bring it in the house! Isn't it part of the family too?:D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That must be some loving wife you have there:D

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, keeping my bike inside is not an option for me. I agree that $425 (plus $75 shipping) is very expensive, but if it does a real good job of protecting my $20, 000 motorcycle....it may turn out to be a bargain. That's why I'm hoping to get some feedback from anyone who's used one! Anyone?? Anyone??? Anyone have any other good outside options??? Is just a standard bike cover really enough???

Happy riding!
Steve

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
mdrsteve said:
Anyone have any other good outside options???
I'm in the same boat my friend! Parked outside the door, taking all the [email protected] the roads an clouds can throw at it.
I wash it nearly every day, trying to keep the salty road shite we have here off.
I don't cover it at all, pain in the ass just wash the salty shite off over an over an over anon.........

I was surprised yesterday, had in the stealers (they haven't seen it for about 20k) to get it scanalized, master cylinder fixed, and they all comented on how good a condition its in considering the milage.(25k only!) It'll be TWO on the 15th :D AND has lived out in the rain all this time!!!

No easy answers, keep it as clean as ya can, an Drown the bit(h in WD40 if where ya are's weather is as [email protected] as here.

CA's California ain't it? lets swap zip codes? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
312 Posts
We have a prefab shed set up in the drive. Works well and hold up to 4 bikes. Not all that expensive, but more then $500. No motorcycle would make it through the night here unprotected. They would cut a hole in that tent the first night.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
mdrsteve said:
Hi! I have a house with no garage, and I'm thinking out getting a cycleshell. Has anyone used one? Anything good/bad to report? Any suggestions where to get a good price on one?

Thanks,
Steve
Steve,

Like you, my house has no garage.

I purchased a cycleshell for my RK. So far so good. The shell is well made and the dude that makes them is responsive and easy to deal with. If you have no garage, shed, etc, I would recommend it.

wyo

PS - I can post some pics if you wish

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Would that not blow away in a strong wind?

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wyodude,

Would I need to set up the cycleshell to be accessible from all sides? I would want to set it up alongside a wall.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
harleyhog said:
Would that not blow away in a strong wind?
Definitely not when the bike is inside. Possibly if empty, I can't remember how much is weight (greater than 100 lbs though) and you could easily anchor it to the concrete or asphalt.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
mdrsteve said:
Wyodude,

Would I need to set up the cycleshell to be accessible from all sides? I would want to set it up alongside a wall.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve,

There is no need to have accessibility from all sides, but you do need enough room to manuvere you bike, especially if the wall is perendicular to your approach.

As you can see from my pics, I just pull right up and in. My wife's horse trailer provides a nice wind break.

wyo

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for extra options! The Bike Barn meets my needs just as well and is a lot cheaper! I'll probably end up going that route!

Thanks again!
Steve

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
mdrsteve said:
Thanks for extra options! The Bike Barn meets my needs just as well and is a lot cheaper! I'll probably end up going that route!

Thanks again!
Steve
Steve,

How much do you think shipping from the UK will be?

While its your money, its also your bike.

Penny wise but pound foolish?

Either way, good luck.

wyo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts