V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, was wondering if anyone had ever sent parts out to be chromed. I have an '02 FLSTF and need to replace my right upper handlebar switch housing (it's already chromed), but don't want to buy another chrome set from Harley. I was thinking I could take my old stock black aluminum one and send it off to be chromed. Anyone have any experience with places like this?

Thanks - Z

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I have, crappy chrome shops over here, so far............

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, I've heard and experienced that the HD stuff is better than most chrome shops. Without specific reccomendations from several people, I think I would call Chicago HD (20% off and no sales tax).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I was trying to avoid, I just need to replace the upper right switch housing, not all 4 - I'd be wasting $100 for the complete set from Harley. I found a place in Nashville to do it for $22.

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Buy the set, use what you need. Ebay the rest.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
zappmann, I have a buddy that has used chrome masters to get his stock wheels plated. They came out GREAT! Browns does good work, but they are so busy sometimes it takes awhile to get yer stuff back.
twincamzz

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm guessing that you have HD's kit # 70222-96.....If you are and you need just the upper right switch housing have your local Dealer order # 71614-96 that is the upper right half. Retail should be $47.00.

good luck

calvin3

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
calvin3 said:
I'm guessing that you have HD's kit # 70222-96.....If you are and you need just the upper right switch housing have your local Dealer order # 71614-96 that is the upper right half. Retail should be $47.00.

good luck

calvin3

Thanks Calvin, I'll give Chicago H-D a call

·
Registered
127 Posts
Texxen said:
Browns Plating is known to be one of the best.....
When I bought front fork sliders for my sportster the shop ordered 4 different pair for me before finally giving up and reccommending to me that I just have my fork sliders chromed (Harley chrome on those were horrible). They sent them off for me (their expense) to Browns. Great job! I can't complain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts