V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
34 degrees this morning in Upstate NY, warmed up into the low 50's by this afternoon. Sunny all day though, made for a nice day altogether. I rode about 200 miles today.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Started out at 40F this morning and got colder throughout the day. Sleet/rain fell most of the day, without accumulating. Should drop to somewhere between 20F and 25F tonight. High tomorrow near 40F, but the weekend looks better, highs near 55F.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Cool...

Rode 80+ miles on errands this afternoon & the bike purred like a kitten. I snapped on my windscreen before I left home & was comfortable with the temp in the upper fifties.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes...just got home and cracked one open!
Weather was nice and crisp, too.

FM.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Last best day of the season here today! ol' lady at work, did about 80 miles(don't tell her!!!), beautiful day, low
60's w/sunbreaks all day!!!

... OH Yeah! had cold ones at about 5 different places.....

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
34 when I left the house this morning too. Brisk.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
toddlerp said:
Kind of. It was around 73 or so. :thumbsup:

The wife and I rode to our little one's parent teacher's conference.
Nice. But don't you feel like a wuss? Its these test my mettle rides make me feel like am man. only kinda joking. Wish I was down there.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
I'm still commuting here...after I buff the frost off my seat in the morning:thumbsup:

·
'05 Road King Classic
806 Posts
Polartec

I picked up a Polartec neck warmer at the local Harley shop today. Wow, what a difference that thing makes! Between the neck warmer and gauntlet gloves with Thinsulate from www.foxcreekleather.com I think I could ride through most of the winter if it wasn't for the sand and salt on the roads. Oh, yeah, and the snow and ice too!

Cheers,
Dennis E.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Kinda, not really. I did my time. I lived in NW Ohio for 30 years. I do not miss walking out of the house with wet hair and have it frozen solid by the time I reached the end of the driveway. :thumbsdn:

And to think there are garage queens down here too.

Bundle up and ride safe.

berserker said:
Nice. But don't you feel like a wuss? Its these test my mettle rides make me feel like am man. only kinda joking. Wish I was down there.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Rode to work and then went for a long ride. Still 70s' in the morning and then in the upper 80s' and muggy.

Still waiting for it to cool down.:hmmm:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Thought your were talking 'bout beer.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
32 with 30 degreee wind chill. And I still refuse to put my windshield on because it gets into the mid 50s during the day!

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Im a new biker. I have been out on those 45 degree mornings recently and I see I need to consider some good clothing if I want to ride into December. I was hoping to hear what others do. Is a leather jacket best. Is a riding suit the best. How do prepared riders deal with 40 degrees?

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
damn that sounds nice. We saw 82 about 3 weeks ago here in Baltimore. Good sloppy bbq on your chin and a cold one. Living well huh?

·
03FLHRI,84XLH,52ArielVHA
556 Posts
Weather's been a bit dryer than usual (not that rain would stop me) so I had a nice ride to work and back - 48degrees going in and 62 going home. As far as riding gear - I keep the leathers for summer and wear synthetics (British riding suit) for fall, winter and spring because its so wet all the time. The synthetics dry out very fast. When it gets colder I use electric liners and gloves.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts