or
White Brothers E-Series Complete System Part # 05-262
or
Kerker Blast Complete System Part # 123-70500

:D

·
Registered
629 Posts
I haven't done anything ye (lack of funds). The pipe and rejet as soon as I can. I may be getting a windshield for it today. I would like to put a different carb on it (can't remember which one). I am going to look into modifying the air filter to something a little nicer.

Some day, I plan to pull the heads for some P&P action on the heads, and some cam work.

Lots of thing in mind.

FYI, the V&H pipes are loud!

I took it for a nice ride last night through some nice twisties. I am amazed how well that thing corners. The only problem there is the peg location, they drag way to easy. There are rear set pegs on the market for them, but I don't think I can talk the wife into those :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Are the Blasts dog's? Or not to bad? My OL wants to start riding so I've been trying to think of a good starter bike and obviously this one comes to mind.

·
Registered
629 Posts
effle18 said:
Are the Blasts dog's? Or not to bad? My OL wants to start riding so I've been trying to think of a good starter bike and obviously this one comes to mind.
With a whooping 25 HP to the rear wheel, it isn't race material :D But it will get us going on the freeway two up (when you don't have abike to ride, you get desperate :D).

·
Registered
629 Posts
xxxflhrci said:
:D Be Last:D At least they shortened the name.
I can smoke a Honda Civic with a tip and a tanning bed (aka, wing) with it :D

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Just bought an '05 blue Blast for my wife yesterday - bought it from the original owner with 70 (yes, seventy) miles on the odometer. His wife lost interest, so he rode it a little then sold it to us for $2850...a bit more than NADA avg. retail ($2530) but ~$2k less than a new one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bought an 05 for my son, put performance cams, air breather, Hooker exhaust etc... I have to admit it is a BLAST. He runs the S$IT out of it...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great little bikes. I have a lady friend that is looking to sell her daughters 08 Blast w/ 450 miles for $4000. If anyone is looking just e-mail me and I'll get back with you.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Don't get a dynojet kit, just buy the individual jets you need... you'll save about 60 bucks.

My Blast is/was awsome. I blew it up last year, havn't been able to rebuild yet. (I didn't torque the compensator nut tight enough, so it loosened and ate all the splines off the crankshaft)

2000 Black P3
Pro-Series Intake
Pro-Series Exhaust (very rare now)
Pro-Series Cam
Custom clear/US Flag grips
Custom undertail
replaced all the stickers

Only does 97 due to the gearing, but it gets there very fast!

Thanks

What have you done to your wifes blast?

This is my wanted list so far
anyone please give sugestions

Dynojet kit Part # 8111

K&N Filter Part # BU5000

And for exhaust

Vance and Hines SSR -R Complete Exhaust System Part# 16535
or
White Brothers E-Series Complete System Part # 05-262
or
Kerker Blast Complete System Part # 123-70500