V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
HID not from MOCO!

I use the HID kit from Xciting Lighting. I have used HID for 4 years and it is the best single thing you can do for safety on the street and to increase your night vision. I have had others tell me that they can see my headlight over a mile away. This unit has a low and hi in HID through use of a shade that covers part of the bulb when in lo beam. I don't know what kind of unit that the MOCO is selling but if you find any info or anyone who knows anything about it you are doing better than most of us. A real HID will beat the pants off a halogen setup. I mechaniced for a big city fire dept. for 30 years before retiring to open a bike shop. HID was just beginning to be used for scene lights. We used a 35 watt HID light that gave more light than the 750 watt halogen that it replaced and the HID plugged into a 12 volt cigarette lighter instead of needing a gas generator to make it work. Another bonus of HID is that it is cool to the touch instead of hot. It won't burn off the connector on the back of the bulb. If you are finding HID cheap-it is prolly like cheap LED lights-not worth the trouble. HID will give you great illumination and you will see things you never knew were there at night. Friday www.dyno-power.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.