V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you ladies catch the Discovery channels Motorcycle Women last night?

My wife really liked it, and I must say it was pretty interesting to watch.
Although I was a bit surprised they missed the biggest biker chick demographic of all -the lady passenger, I'll bet we would have seen similarites in them both.

If you saw it what did you think of their portrayal of the "biker chick"?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cool show, but I thought it kinda odd that they had a GUY following them around in an RV to make sure they made it. It sort of took away from the whole "I'm a independant biker chick" kinda theme. Couldn't they have found a female mechanic?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I didn't think too much of it myself. Hell I could travel from one end and the country to the other and back again and again and again, if I had a mechanic in an RV behind me! Hello, if these women want to ride I think they should at least learn the basics like checking their own oil! They were all on newer bikes, so what's the problem?

Oh, ya and that poor girl who didn't have a rubber mounted engine, what a joke, those 2 on the sporty's were getting a rougher ride for sure!

And then there was the comentator "they've come to a state with no helmet law and so they are riding without helmets, is this dangerous, yes..." What a joke, on the previous show, the West Coast Chopper one at the end that guy was going down the highway standing on his seat! not one comment was made about that, was it because he was a guy? They made it sound like these girls were living on the edge no wearing a helmet.

there were a few other things that had the OM and I laughing our a** off, can't think of them right now, but as a whole I don't think those 6 women were a good representation of the women riders out there. Just my .02 worth.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I missed it (no doubt it wil rerun 75 times)....were they hot?

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
HDgirl said:
And then there was the comentator "they've come to a state with no helmet law and so they are riding without helmets, is this dangerous, yes..." What a joke, on the previous show, the West Coast Chopper one at the end that guy was going down the highway standing on his seat! not one comment was made about that, was it because he was a guy? They made it sound like these girls were living on the edge no wearing a helmet.
Kind of reminds me of article I read in Easy Rider back in mid 80's. They were reporting on death of a biker who had run off road while going excessively fast and bike went into ditch. He was airborn for about 100 feet and smacked into a tree head first. :eek:

The officer they quoted said, "Had he been wearing a helmet, there's a good chance he would have survived." :rolleyes: Don't know about rest of you folks but if I'm flung 100 feet through the air and smack a damn tree, I'm not really sure surviving would be a good thing.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
JoeJitsu said:

If you saw it what did you think of their portrayal of the "biker chick"?
Didn't see it but I think they should all be at home Looking after their KIDS! :D :eek: :D

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
i had seen it before, and it was okay. it was interesting to see how far these women rode to and stuff. looks like they had a good time getting to there destination. it was on like a couple years ago and the OM and i watched it. wasn't that great tho to watch a second time i thought.

anyone know when the 2002 sturgis rally is ganna air? we have been watching the 2000 one for eons. almost getting tired of seeing robby kneival jump the buffalo chip stage:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts