V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Ultra, currently its way too quite for me. I want better sound, good looks, and dont wanna compromise any power. I have 95" stage 1, my current exhaust is stock head pipes with supertrapp slip ons.. I am tossed up over a couple different pipes. Vance and Hines big shots long,,,never seen a bagger with this style of pipe,wonder how they look,,bonus is the power chamber,,I think they would give the benefit of a 2-1, but with the drag pipe look,,,Anybody have expereince with these pipes...The other pipes I had in mind are V&H big shot duals, and the Hard Krome 3" duals???? Any comments are appreciated......Thanks guys

·
Banned
871 Posts
You're gonna lose some "streetable" torque if you use them. Ya just can't beat a true 2-1 system. You can get close with the Python 3 or Bartel's systems, though. :) Even the Straightshots do well, from what I've seen.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ToddM:
have you checked it on dyno or is it just your subjective opinion?

ffmedic32:
I have V&H Big Shots Long on my 2004 FLSTCI. Looks great, sounds great, no drop in power, rides good after eliminating popping on decel and some fine tuning with SERT (AFR, spark advance, Idle RPM).
I can send you pictures if you drop me your e-mail.

·
Banned
871 Posts
pecold said:
ToddM:
have you checked it on dyno or is it just your subjective opinion?

ffmedic32:
I have V&H Big Shots Long on my 2004 FLSTCI. Looks great, sounds great, no drop in power, rides good after eliminating popping on decel and some fine tuning with SERT (AFR, spark advance, Idle RPM).
I can send you pictures if you drop me your e-mail.
I have done extensive dyno testing over the past several years on several bikes, most done when I worked with a friend who owned a performance shop in Kansas. I can also feel it by the "seat of my pants" on my current ride, although that info can't possibly be as reliable as actual, controlled (similiar temp/altitude/humidity, engine temp, etc.) testing. As a QA inspector and jet engine test technician, I'm a stickler for details. If I am stating my opinion, then I will say so. :)

You can also check nightrider.com's exhaust testing page. Their results are very similiar to ours.

Oh yeah... "subjective" and "opinion" are basically the same thing. No need to use them both in the same sentence. ;) Sorry, I'm also a fanatic on grammer. LOL!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I installed them last nite,,,,wow they are louder than i expected,,but thats cool i wanted loud....it started snowing jsut before i got done,,Yeah I still had to ride home,,but really didnt get a chance to see how they perform,,update later

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
big shot longs

I have them on my bagger. Here's the deal- today i was at the dealer setting out side sipping coffee, a road king and a street glide pull in they both have duals one has V&H true dualls with SE slip ons the other rhineharts duals. So i start talking to them about losing low end torque one of the guys says that both of there bikes perform the same they run dead even, he then says ride along with us and we will show you some low end torque. I have been waiting for this moment- so i take them up on it, i blew them away! my set up is V&H big shot longs, power commander, SE air filter and the stage 1 reflash,and i weigh 312 lbsThere set up is the same and they probably weigh 100lbs less than me.
SOOOO I say you aint going to lose nothin- these pipe rock and they are loud.

Ride Safe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.