V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy...........was wondering if anybody has purchased DOT helmets from...

http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/dot.htm

They claim to make a DOT helmet that is alot thinner than most and stronger using carbon fiber materials....I got a pretty big melon, that is a wee bit bigger in proportion than the rest of me...:D I always look like a mushroom...but living in Maryland I need to wear a helmet, and quite frankly I've had several buddies that should've worn one or are glad they did.....Anyway...don't want to start a thread about helmet use...just want to here any feedback from the company above...Thanks

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Yeah, there has been a few discussions about these light beanies around here. I put a review up in the VTF Products section here. I had problems with my Shoei St-Cruz mushroom hurting my neck so I switch to this DOT. I like a lot and won't switch again. Takes some time to fit right.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have one of the DOT models and love it. Reduced the amount of buffering the wind does to your head too. That was one of the first things I noticed with it. It's not a cheap helmet but I would buy another one tomorrow if mine got lost or stolen.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
just moved to ga from fl. haven't had a helmet since 99'. used to wear a novelty beanie in 98'. the carbon fiber is just a bit heavier than the beanie and fits much better. would buy another if lost this one.:yes: :clap: @gree:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Yeah, I bought the carbonfiberhelmets.com DOT helmet a couple of months ago after having an HD and the new small HJC units. I also have one of those round heads. It is the best, lightest, most comfortable, and smallest helmets I have owned. Highly recommended. I won't wear a non-DOT.

I had them make the "V" section 3/4" longer. When I first received it the bottom of the "V" caused the lobe of my ear to pinch at the intersection of the two straps coming down from the helmet. Customer service there is fantastic. I sent the helmet back, they fixed it and shipped it back within a week! The strap now meets below the lobe of my ear and is very comfortable.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did any ya'll get the bare carbon or did you get the colors?.....I'm sure I'll be ordering one soon and they do look (and know sound) reputable. Thanks.....

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Hammy71 said:
Did any ya'll get the bare carbon or did you get the colors?.....I'm sure I'll be ordering one soon and they do look (and know sound) reputable. Thanks.....

Yeah, that is what I got. Looks great. Very dark grey and black. The black one must almost be dead black. I had a hard time trying to decide between the two, but I like the natural carbon.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hammy71 said:
I got the Black Candy. You can see the fiber but it still has a nice black look to it.

One of my good friends got the flat black. Kind of reminds me of leather, similiar texture. You can't see the fiber through it though. He's been riding for over 25 years and says it's the best helmet he's ever worn.

·
Registered
453 Posts
8-Ball said:
Yeah, I bought the carbonfiberhelmets.com DOT helmet a couple of months ago after having an HD and the new small HJC units. I also have one of those round heads. It is the best, lightest, most comfortable, and smallest helmets I have owned. Highly recommended. I won't wear a non-DOT.

I had them make the "V" section 3/4" longer. When I first received it the bottom of the "V" caused the lobe of my ear to pinch at the intersection of the two straps coming down from the helmet. Customer service there is fantastic. I sent the helmet back, they fixed it and shipped it back within a week! The strap now meets below the lobe of my ear and is very comfortable.
Mine is bother my ears a little too. I'll check into getting the "v" lowered a little. Never really thought of sending it back. Did they charge you for the modification?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts