V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the recommendation of Ohiomotoxer, I bought the Open End cap for my Supertrapp Supermegs. I couldn't be happier. The bike sounds great and makes great power. I picked it up from Summit racing (www.summitracing.com) for $19.00 and it was an excellent purchase. Summit ended up giving me a discount of $15 towards my next purchase, but I looked through their catalog and I don't think I'll be needing anything from them, or at least before the offer expires (march 06). It would be a shame for it to go to waste. If anyone with SuperTrapps is interested, I will give you the certificate number and you can put the $15 towards an end cap (part #SUP-405-3046). Be the first person to respond and I will e-mail or PM you the number. Start your engines...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Lunker,

Just fitted a Supermeg 2:1 to my 95 FXDWG and I am going through the fine tuning process now.Initially I thought the Supertrapp was quiet compared to the SEII's I had previously interested to know if you think that the open end cap makes that bigger a difference as I want it loud.

Cheers Tobycat1
95 FXDWG in NZ

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I am running the open end cap on my 95inch mild build and it still quiet at cruise but will bark when you twist the throttle. It actually sounds much better with the open end cap. I got a phsst phsst type noise with the closed end cap.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Lunker said:
On the recommendation of Ohiomotoxer, I bought the Open End cap for my Supertrapp Supermegs. I couldn't be happier. The bike sounds great and makes great power. .
Lunker,
How many discs are you running with the open end cap? I am also running 14 with the closed end cap and want to try the open one. Just want to experiment to see if it runs any different (better) with the open cap.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wantaride said:
Lunker,
How many discs are you running with the open end cap? I am also running 14 with the closed end cap and want to try the open one. Just want to experiment to see if it runs any different (better) with the open cap.
Thanks!
Wantaride,

I am running with 9 disks and the open end cap. It feels like it has opened up my top end nicely. The bike definitely has a louder growl to it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts