V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've heard all sorts of rumors about the problems with the silver paint but I haven't found anyone that has actually seen one that had a paint problem???? I got my Silver and Black Ultra on 9-4-02 and I have yet to find any kind of flaw in the paint.......I'm beginning to think it's all bullshit.

I don't know what area of VA. you're in, but I've been around to all the dealers in the northern VA. area and with all the black and silver bikes that's been sold there, I've yet to find or hear anyone that's had a paint problem?????

Here's a pic of my ultra and rkc, it's not very good because of the lighting but it's the only one I've taken so far. And by the way, my '02 rkc is the white pearl which was also rumored to have paint problems, I've got over 11,000 miles on it and the paint hasn't started to peel on it yet....

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Don't know when it was painted but my 03 Ultra was manufactured on 8/1/02 and like yours DonB my paint is flawless. I have 3000 miles so far and no sign of any problems.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
My guess is the paint problems are contained in the factory and harley is smart enough to not let them out if they have problems. it's probably an issue of not being able to spray such a thin paint reliably rather than an issue of a problem once they manage to spray one correctly.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That's what I heard, non of the bikes with problems have left the factory but the "thin-spray" process is causing all sorts of problems and backing up bikes on the assemply line.

Harley decedied to take those other wise "Silver and Black" bikes and get them out the door .

Just what I heard when I was with the Govenor of Penn. Monday night at the football game.... Pretty reliable though;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts