Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, could you post some pictures?
Thanks

·
Banned
154 Posts
These are also in the Let's See those Beautiful Dynas picture thread on page 7.

2 pix of my Street Bob with a quick detach passenger pillon. Not a full 2-up seat, but it is also a bit more then what I really wanted. Went with the Quick Detach hardware so Ican ditch it in about 20 seconds.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very cool. Not that I will ever get it as I usually ride alone, but that would be nice to have. How much is it if you dont mind me asking & part numbers if you have them hand.

Thanx alot,
Chap

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes, yes. Please provide part #s for both the seat and passenger peg mounts. How did you do them? I don't plan on hauling anyone else, but ya never know when that special someone may come along :)

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool... How wide is that pillion?
Do those shocks tend to rub your passengers legs like on the superglide?

·
Banned
154 Posts
The pillon is 51535-06
Can't find the # for the quick detach hardware right off. It might be the one on the linked page for the seat bumper kit.

There isn't a single number for the passenger pegs. I refused to put the chrome kit that Harley sells on this bike. I had the dealer order all of the parts individually. I got the wrinkle black supports from a Super Glide instead.

Don't know much about passenger comfort. The wife doesn't care to ride. My kids however seem to be quite comfortable.

·
Banned
154 Posts
PN# 51668-97 is the quick detach hardware kit for the passenger pillon.

I had to cut a nutch into the plastic plate that fits onto the pillon and into the receiver under the solo set. Not hard to do.

wrinkle black passenger peg support brackets are PN#s 49224-06 & 49230-06
You will still need to have them order the hardware and pegs to go with them.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Motosurf said:
Have you noticed any rubbing or discoloration of the paint after removing the pillion?

2006 FXDBI
Nope, not yet. The detachable hardware kit includes a pad that adheres to the bottom of the pillon and keeps it from rubbing on the fender.

·
Registered
13 Posts
sissy bar

Nice add-on sissy bar with rack - is that the half-height sissybar (52754-04)with stepped pad and 5 bar sport rack (53862-00)? I am thinking of going in this direction and am wondering if the sissy bar is maybe too high..........would appreciate your advice!
Super machine - mine should arrive in May - been waiting since December!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have put a Mustang wide touring 2 up 1 piece seat on my Bob. Just waining for the weather to get a little better. Will be doing a 500 mile day the first good Saturday or Sunday. That will put it to the test.......and me too.

·
Ridin it like I stole it!
217 Posts
2 up

I have a Corbin Classic Solo sans Studs and matching Studless pillion.

Pics of Bike will be posted as soon as I get the new software for my camera.
Bry

Anyone wanna buy a Stock solo seat?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally got out on the road with the Mustang wide touring 1 piece seat.
What surprised me is that it put me closer to the front than the stock solo. My legs are bent a little more on the forward controls. Its not bad, its just different. Have gone 100 miles since yesterday and have no complaints. The seat is very comfortable.

06 Street Bob
HD forward controls
Mustang 1 piece wide touring
HD low rack/luggage/low sissy/back rest/detach mounts.

·
Faithful to the bottle
495 Posts
I bought the touring seat for 2006. Its very comfortable and puts me closer to the forward conrtolls as well. No back strain at all, softer ride too. I like the one peice seat, no rubbing so far, and one screw to switch back to solo chopper look.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts