V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a good looking and performing windshield, I am using a 16" that is just a little to short. Wind chops the top of my head. I am tired of searching and was hoping someone here could help. I do like the national cycle stinger, don't anyone that has had one. If you can help I would be thankful and if you have pics, feel free to post ...Bike is a 07 FLHRS
Thanks

·
Bon temps rouler!
685 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
My Choice to Be

I just bought this one, takes the turbulence out. Thick and looks good.
Vin, you're ahead of me again... I've spoken with them and plan to add mine next week or the week after... been on the road or I'd done it awready. Let us know how yours is working out -- I'm very interested in a known trusted reviewer.... TIA

·
Premium Member
183 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,494 Posts
Vin, you're ahead of me again... I've spoken with them and plan to add mine next week or the week after... been on the road or I'd done it awready. Let us know how yours is working out -- I'm very interested in a known trusted reviewer.... TIA
It's working out just fine. You'll notice the wind doesn't beat on you.
Customer service can't be beat. UPS screwed up the delivery about as bad as they could and F/S called me at home saying if UPS sends it back to them they would walk it to the post office and re-ship it through them. They even offered to refund my shipping because of all the problems. I didn't take it, wasn't their fault.
Customer service sells and a good product doesn't hurt either.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
I've bought two "blemished" shields from clearview that I do not consider defective...

Very happy with the quality of both.

I ended up liking the shorter one, so I have a used standard size sitting around that I could let go for cheap.

rkc

·
Registered
142 Posts
There's a lot of talk about the advantages of Lexan over acrylic.

Are there any real world differences between the two?

I'm probably not going to shoot my windshield with a shotgun.

:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a Clearview 15 inch recurve on my King and it outperforms the much taller gommy stock shield.... money well spent...

By hoofmender at 2011-04-12

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just make sure you don't get a shield that is thin, otherwise it will hum each time you swing the bike left or right in sweepers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What ever shield you pick; make sure that it has the correct number of holes to match your mounting brackets on the Custom. Mine has seven holes across the top bracket and some RK's have five holes.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Look at Wind Vest, similar to Clearview and reasonably priced. Sometimes they have blems too. I could find nor see the one in my shield. I love it, it keep the rain, bug, and most wind away from you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The clearview's have a bend at the top, to help push up the air, so that you can cut your windshield down say 2" and end up having the wind go up about 5" so you have a net gain of about 3" over your head.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts