V-Twin Forum banner

Any probloms I should be aware of for 2003?

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  harleygirl64 
Well, sometimes you don't want to ruin another guys fun.

Truth be told the touring bikes are pure pleasure when they have no issues. With Harley it seems to be a lottery, if you get lucky you'll be happy as a pig in mud, but there are a significant number of bikes that have issues and the dealer network and warranty are pretty useless if you do.
It seems that if the bike has no major issues and it never sets foot in a dealership it will be OK for the most part, but god help you if they have to troubleshoot some sort of elusive problem, they are just as likely to create more problems as to solve the original one.

Don't get me wrong, I love the bikes but I'm getting a little tired of this stuff. In their defense one can say that low mileage riders have significantly less problems.
If potential problems are a factor, in the long run a carbureted RoadKing might be the way to go, the Kings are significantly simpler bikes then the other touring bikes.
The top of the line bikes are very nice, but they become like a Cadillac after a few years, a white elephant hanging around your neck unless you can repair them yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.