4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.
In my previous post, I mentioned possibly the following setup for my 2005 STSCI
-Samson True Dual to Fish-Tails
-Thunder Monster to provide some back pressure
-SE stage 1 aircleaner
-SERT

After further discussion with individuals, I am unsure now.
I love the true dual look. After talking to the Thundercity folks about their thundermonster's, they suggested going with the below product from Dobeck Performance rather than the SERT. They suggested: Stock Head Pipe, Fishtail slipons, aircleaner and this system at the below link instead of the SERT.

http://www.techlusion.com/

This is the first I have ever heard of this product. Seems like it makes sense if you are only putting pipes and air cleaner. It definitely saves money from the SERT. I think if I did more motor work, I would definitely want the SERT at that point. Any thoughts? Especially on the keeping the stock cross over head pipe vs true duals? They method saves me a ton of money, but I dont want to go the cheap way, I would rather go the right way.
THanks for the wisdom.
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction

My Bad, in the below post, I meant the Big City Thunder people, not Thunder City.

"After talking to the Thundercity folks about their thundermonster's, they suggested going with the below product from Dobeck Performance rather than the SERT."

·
05 FLHTCI
345 Posts
This is an add on device

This is a fuel adder. It is spliced into your harness and has pots (adjustment knobs) to adjust the fuel with. They are pretty simple. Another name for it is DFO. These work ok IF you are stopping at stage I, i.e. pipes, air cleaner.

If you are going to go to big bore, cams, heads, etc. get the SERT or PCIII. I would go with the SERT. There are other products that are ok too like Zipper's ThunderMax. The ThunderMax is a whole new ECU for your bike. You take off the old one and add the new one. If you are using one of the their predefined combos, it plugs right in and is ready to go.

David

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
The TFI/DFO will work great for your setup...but if you're thinking of adding more radical stuff down the road pony up for the SERT or PC.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
cgav8tor said:
Greetings.
In my previous post, I mentioned possibly the following setup for my 2005 STSCI
-Samson True Dual to Fish-Tails
-Thunder Monster to provide some back pressure
-SE stage 1 aircleaner
-SERT

After further discussion with individuals, I am unsure now.
I love the true dual look. After talking to the Thundercity folks about their thundermonster's, they suggested going with the below product from Dobeck Performance rather than the SERT. They suggested: Stock Head Pipe, Fishtail slipons, aircleaner and this system at the below link instead of the SERT.
The Big City Thunder Monsters will only help low and mid range torque if you are presently running no baffles. We dyno tuned an '04 and an '05 EFI Deuce and found no difference in hp or tq from standard baffles and the Thunder Monsters. The torque and power curves were unchanged. The Thunder Monsters are quite a bit loader than standard baffles and will make you think you have more in the seat of the pants but the dyno proved otherwise.

I have a set of Thunder Monsters out of V&H BSS that I will sell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts