V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just became the owner of a 92 Jeep that I bought for $1800. I always wanted one since I drove 2 different year models in my younger days. Originally the price was 3,000, but the seller couldn't get the motor to fire after having the battery tested at AutoZone. So he threw parts at it. He offered to sell it as is for 2k, but I jewed him down to 1800.

The OP brought it to my neighbors garage who builds race trucks and unloaded it. He leaves all happy and sh!t. My neighbor takes an ohm meter to it and the reason there are no lights or motor running is the battery is dead as a door nail. Jumped it off and purred like only a 4 banger can. I need to install a step to get in or smaller tires.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,864 Posts
Well I just became the owner of a 92 Jeep that I bought for $1800. I always wanted one since I drove 2 different year models in my younger days. Originally the price was 3,000, but the seller couldn't get the motor to fire after having the battery tested at AutoZone. So he threw parts at it. He offered to sell it as is for 2k, but I jewed him down to 1800.

The OP brought it to my neighbors garage who builds race trucks and unloaded it. He leaves all happy and sh!t. My neighbor takes an ohm meter to it and the reason there are no lights or motor running is the battery is dead as a door nail. Jumped it off and purred like only a 4 banger can. I need to install a step to get in or smaller tires.

4 bangers don't purr, they quiver.

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is good enough to drive down the side of the waterway to cast net shrimp. Sometimes it is good to be the grandpa. I take a couple grands with me and say, you dere catch dem shrimps.

·
Just Sayin'
2,549 Posts
Congrats Capt. You need to put one of them fishin' pole holders on the front and da cooler holder on the back.
Enjoy the "yet" another new ride. Ya must have one hell of a stable by now. You been buying cars and bikes like a drunken sailor on shore leave.:giggle:

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
This is the longest I’ve gone without a Jeep since I’ve had my license.
Out here they are way overpriced so I picked up a nice 1990 Bronco. She runs through the mountains and fire roads without any problem.

Sent from a handheld item of convenience

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats Capt. You need to put one of them fishin' pole holders on the front and da cooler holder on the back.
Enjoy the "yet" another new ride. Ya must have one hell of a stable by now. You been buying cars and bikes like a drunken sailor on shore leave.:giggle:
My 65 Ford is arriving today. I have to sell something or get a dealers license.

·
Registered
814 Posts
You don't need to go very fast in one of those or you will end up on your head. Has a roll cage though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I favor the Jeep Cherokee Xj models, hard to find one not violated now a days by the teenagers.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Just purchased 2010 Toyota fj cruiser. Very hard to find a good one, owned by a airline capt. Like new and I love it. Drives like a 4x4 corvette with a lot less power.

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could think of a better background, but that paint is first rate.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I had a 67 CJ5 in the late 70's..... It almost rolled many times in a sharp curve ( the two outside tires actually lifted in the air) and the steering kept losing the bearings in the front ( can't remember the part name) but then the steering would shake violently at inoportune times...
Havent been much interested in Jeeps since...

·
Super Moderator
19,749 Posts
I had a 67 CJ5 in the late 70's..... It almost rolled many times in a sharp curve ( the two outside tires actually lifted in the air) and the steering kept losing the bearings in the front ( can't remember the part name) but then the steering would shake violently at inoportune times...
Havent been much interested in Jeeps since...
Those pre 72 Jeeps had a bell crank in the steering linkage, they gave a lot of trouble as did the drag link that was between it and the box. The links had an adjustable ball end, and left unserviced, they would separate while you were driving.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts