V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2002 Heritage Springer. I just don't seem to see many of these bikes around....

I was curious if anyone has production totals for the 2002 FLSTS and if there is any truth to the rumor that they are discontinuing the model in 2004?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think one of the reasons you don't see many FLSTS is the cost. Its the second most expensive standard bike Harley makes - only the FLHTCUI is more. Also, the ride is a little more harsh than the other FLs.

Having said that, if you like the nostaligic look, nothing else is close. I've riden my 2001 FLSTSI to Sturgis and many other places and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I haven't heard anything about them dropping the FLSTS and I hope its not true. Good luck with your ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I hope they do discontinue the FLSTS, that'll make em even rarer.

I realize there not really "rare" by any means, just don't see them on the road much. Thats why I was curious on production totals.

I actually wanted an old panhead but was concered about reliability and distance hwy driving...

Now I have the best of both worlds. I slapped on the front and rear fender tips, front and rear crash guards, quick release windshield and viola..instant old "dresser" nostalga.

For me its the only way to go. Although you can get a road king Classic looking pretty nostalgic looking as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, this was eating at me so I contacted HD. There were 1773 FLSTS's produced in 2002. 821 in Vivid Black

I guess that is a relatively low production number.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts