V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have SE II mufflers and the stock muffler clamps look terrible. Any ideas on replacement chrome or stainless clamps/bolts for the pipes and heat shields?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
651 Posts
Fugly Fasteners

The TORCA clamps on the pipes and mufflers leave enough exposed thread on the end when tightened to screw on stainless or chrome acorn nuts. Can't remember the size now, but take one down to Home Depot and find one that fits. You can loosen the screw clamps for the heat shields and rotate them inward toward the bike so the screw doesn't show when the bike is on the ground. Really cleans things up along the bottom frame rails.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mikie said:
The TORCA clamps on the pipes and mufflers leave enough exposed thread on the end when tightened to screw on stainless or chrome acorn nuts. Can't remember the size now, but take one down to Home Depot and find one that fits. You can loosen the screw clamps for the heat shields and rotate them inward toward the bike so the screw doesn't show when the bike is on the ground. Really cleans things up along the bottom frame rails.
Thanks for the idea on the chrome acorn nuts. My shield clamps don't have threads on the ass end. They are more button shaped. Regardless the heads are so nasty I want to replace them.

Anyone have any ideas on a billet clamp or perhaps chrome T clamp with good heat tolerance?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
9,402 Posts
If you position the clamps properly,, they will not be seen,,, the actual hardware on the inside with threads facing down.. there are chrome clamps available, try jp cycles and the like... dont be upset when the chrome cracks and rusts,,, polished stainless is another option..

The thread size and pitch is 5/16×18 if the wrench size to tighten is 1/2",, or 3/8×16 if the wrench size is 9/16".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts