V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you play the guitar, you've got to be impressed by this..... Harley Strat.
I called, and it's expensive..... But, how cool..... WOW!!!

Check it out.......

www.certifiedreserve.com

This forum is awesome, and you guys & gals know alot.... I look forward to checking it out more often....

Thanks
Jim K

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Guitar, now if that were a Bass...:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
e-mail the guy, he'll tell you......

But, I think it was like $25K......the cool thing it was #2...... WOW.

JIM

·
Registered
985 Posts
Geetars are a dime a dozen.
But drums...well...

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
But again, if it were a Bass.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is a nice looking 'Strat.
Gibson makes a HD large body acoustic guitar that is black with the Harley-Davidson "script" across the front. They also make an Indian Les Paul that has the Indian logo along the inlays.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strats are very nice.... I have a few, and I run my guitars through a series of amp, depending on the style of music.

I'm sure the Fender custom shop took sound into consideration, when they built this guitar. I know some guys there, and they have to put sound first, and beauty second...... The guy at the web-site e-mailed me, to tell me they just got a Mustang Strat...... also very rare, and is the sister to the Harley Strat, but there were even less of them built...... WOW!!!

Cool bikes, Cool cars,...and Cool guitars...... I'd be in heaven.

JIM

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work at Guitar Center in New Orleans, and we actually got one of those Harley Strats in used. It's only $14999. If anybody is interested you can call me (Benjamin) at 504-818-0338.

We got one of them Gibson Indian Les Pauls, too.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
NICE YES, BUT FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY I BETTER BE ABLE TO RIDE THE DAMN THANG!!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Kags said:
Did you post like 15 GRAND?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No thanks.

NO! He said ONLY 15 grand. :eek: It must have a TACO!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I got the honor of playing one of the Harley Strats when they first came out in 91(?). They're not too bad. Like a custom Harley, hard to keep clean with all that chrome. It's also on Travis Tritts album cover ( I think "Ten Ft. Tall and Bulletproof" album). Highly collectable...an investment...but I agree....if I'm spending that kind of money on it....I better be able to ride it.

·
Jack ***
470 Posts
Hi,
I've been playing since I was a lil kid, By no means a pro or anything but it's one of my favorite things to do.
Here's my ideas on this one.
1st, Guitar Center SUCKS!!!!
2nd, SWEET guitar!!
3rd, 15 Grand?? No way in hell. Reminds me of the Carlos Santana PRS model they wanted $8000.00 for. Like the $2000.00 PRS without his name on it plays any differently.
4th, I'd rather have the Gary Rossington or Dickie Betts les pauls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mikedc3 said:
Hi,
I've been playing since I was a lil kid, By no means a pro or anything but it's one of my favorite things to do.
Here's my ideas on this one.
1st, Guitar Center SUCKS!!!!
2nd, SWEET guitar!!
3rd, 15 Grand?? No way in hell. Reminds me of the Carlos Santana PRS model they wanted $8000.00 for. Like the $2000.00 PRS without his name on it plays any differently.
4th, I'd rather have the Gary Rossington or Dickie Betts les pauls.
Well, I've been playing since I was a kid as well. I am a musician by trade, with a mild interest in bikes. Here's my ideas as well:

1st, Guitar Center is my job, and I kind of like it.
2nd, Yeah, the guitar is fantasic.
3rd, $30,000?? For a motorcycle? No way in hell.... for me. But there are guys out there who have the cash to spend $30-50-80k on a bike, who might be interested in a Strat like this. These people just live in a different world than us working folks.
4th, As somebody who deals with Gibsons all day long, I think they are overpriced, over-hyped, and lacking in quality and value. (Even though the Dickie Betts is nice...)

I was just passing the word around on the guitar to some who might appreciate it, that's all.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm in Huntington Beach just a few miles from the Fountain Valley store where I got my Celebrity Ovation electric. I'll drop by this weekend to check out their new collection pieces. Play a P-Bass thru a sweet Cerwin Vega small concert system, formerly strictly jazz stuff on the Vegas/Tahoe/Reno circuit. Later, Jefro.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts