V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. Anyone have a god source for aftermarket parts for the superglide? Not many goodies for it through Harley catalog.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Anything in particular you looking for? Where bouts in the Hill Country are you? Bought a place in Bandera a few years ago. Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Well Dynaglide,,
Yer not going to find much at all if you mean the black wrinkle, or just black for that matter.
I realized this after many weeks of constant looking.
I ride a 2002 superglide myself and have made many mods and I try to keep a balance of Chrome trimmed look while getting the upgrades and mods I want.
I know a couple guys who ride Supers and they have made signifigant investments in having things powdercoated, but that is about all you can do.
Feel free to shoot me an e-mail through my profile page if you want to get into the thick of things. I have links to black CNC'd Mirrors, triple trees, and have done some black mods myself.
Party On!!!
And welcome aboard brother!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Dave, I am looking for side mount plates and other parts to get my rear fender cleared off. I want to buy a solo seat for when mama isnt on the back. I live between New Braunsfels and San Marcos and always enjoy the ride out to Bandera.
To the others here: Thanks for the hospitality and the replies. I am just figureing out how to use the forum, but glad i found it. I went to Ft Worth last weekend for the open road tour and noticed very few superglides. I decided to start amking mine stand out.

G

·
Re: Thanks

dynaglide dillo said:
Dave, I am looking for side mount plates and other parts to get my rear fender cleared off.
Personally, I hate the way sideplates look. I ended up putting on a Kuryakyn "Plug n' Play" unit that holds the sissy bar without using sideplates. It's mostly hidden under the seqat and comes off with the seat, so it's very easy to switch to solo mode. Actually Kuryakyn are re-selling some other vendor's (can't recall who, somewhere on the east coast, JB Performance maybe...) product, but they were about $30 than other places I've seen it...

You can find it about 2/3 of the way down this page

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I ride a Superglide too but haven't made too many changes. Grips, pegs, sissy bar, saddle bags...kind of like the way it looks. Probably going to change seats...rough on the OL's butt. Used to spend a lot of time in and around San Marcos...tubing the river; San Marcos and Guadalupe. Pass through New Braunfels about once a month heading for Bandera. Scan the internet for your parts...good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Boismier, I like the look of it. Does it look like it might interfere with throw over bags?
Its about the same price as the detachable side plates , but as you point out, it is mostly under the seat. Did you have to remove the wheel to install it?

G

·
dynaglide dillo said:
Thanks Boismier, I like the look of it. Does it look like it might interfere with throw over bags?
Its about the same price as the detachable side plates , but as you point out, it is mostly under the seat. Did you have to remove the wheel to install it?
Installation was simple. Don't have to remove the wheel. Take off the seat, remove the black plastic plug from the existing forward fender hole (provided for solo seats) put a blind nut in the hole (get it from the dealer or a catalog), place the bracket on the fender, put the front screw in, put the seat back on and put the seat hold-down screw in.

I don't use throw-overs, but since it's mostly hidden under the seat, I don't think it would interfere with them. I'll take a picture of the bracket installed on my bike tonight and post it tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts