V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at the skeleton of my bike on the lift for 7 weeks, it was a great weekend of riding here in GA. The wife and I putted around for about 50 miles on Saturday. I test rode it and checked all fastners after putting it back together but that was our shake down ride.

On Sunday I rode with a group of friends from Roswell up to Helen (http://www.helenga.org/) and then over to Suches. We got to Helen just in time because after we sat down to eat lunch, the lines started forming at all the resturants. We left Helen and rode home the long way through Suches and by TWO (http://www.twowheelsonly.com/). We could barely pull into the gas station across from TWO. There were all makes and models out. Harleys, metric cruisers, sport bike galore (mountain twistie roads), a pack of Buell riders, Enduros, etc.. Rode about 180 miles total.

It was just a great weekend of riding!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I miss those N. Ga. mountain bike rides....I use to ride my Moto-Guzzi all over north Georgia back in the 70's....sounds like its really gotten crowded up there.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I took a ride late yesterday , there were hundreds of bikes on 9 between Cumming and Dahlonega .. the riding season is definetly here

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Rode locally - went to see the grandkids and some friends on Sunday. Almost 100 miles total.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Great weekend...but it's back to normal for the remainder of this week... Still nice to ride at 60 degrees :chopper:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Put about 250 on from Cumming up thru Dawsonville, Dalonega and of course to Rome HOOTERS....
( Beer on Sunday!:cheers: ) Gotta remember to put the spf on till I get use to the sun again, man I am roasted!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Me too...

Rode around Fayette and Coweta Counties for about 2 hours - what a beautiful day!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If anyone is out this Saturday riding around, Killer Creek is having a big St. Patrick's Day party with a band, 17% discounts, etc. I think I'm going to enter my bike in the bike show too. I'll be around there most of the day helping out the HOG chapter anyway.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
ZeroCool said:
Gotta remember to put the spf on till I get use to the sun again, man I am roasted!
Yeah, my arms are a little red also.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
thatoldbike said:
If anyone is out this Saturday riding around, Killer Creek is having a big St. Patrick's Day party with a band, 17% discounts, etc. I think I'm going to enter my bike in the bike show too. I'll be around there most of the day helping out the HOG chapter anyway.
where's killer creek?
i'm in mount airy.

·
1,336 Posts
Y2K King said:
where's killer creek?
i'm in mount airy.
Y2K how close is Mt. Airy to Corniliuos. I also see signs for Mt. Airy. I do some work at the Ethicon palnt. Going there next week

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm planning to be there

thatoldbike said:
I'm planning to go there on Sat and the show at the Galleria on Sun.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Jonas said:
Y2K how close is Mt. Airy to Corniliuos. I also see signs for Mt. Airy. I do some work at the Ethicon palnt. Going there next week
if you're talking about cornelia...i'm about 6 miles north of there. mt. airy is a post office, 2 liquor stores, a pawn shop and the town hall.
does ethicon make stuff for paving roads and such? i think my next door neighbor works the midnight shift there.

·
1,336 Posts
Y2K King said:
if you're talking about cornelia...i'm about 6 miles north of there. mt. airy is a post office, 2 liquor stores, a pawn shop and the town hall.
does ethicon make stuff for paving roads and such? i think my next door neighbor works the midnight shift there.
I am talking about Cornelia, I just can't spell. They make medical suitures. Its a Johnson and Johnson company. Right off of 365?. I come down 85 to 17 towards taccoa then to 365. Probaly drive right by ya. Nice area

·
Registered
213 Posts
Man, I miss ridin them GA mountains. Been stuck in rainy CA for the past 3 weeks, and wouldn't ya know it. called my OL and she says 83 degrees on sunday!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts