V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Carrie said:
Any chance the next CVO bike be a Street Glide or Road Glide? I'm kinda hoping.~!Awesome!

I like the White Frost and Silver Mist paint scheme on this Electra Glide. Not sure I could handle such a big bike like that. It's somewhat intimidating. :D

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/CVOs/2008/2008_cvo.jsp?locale=en_US
Carrie,

Unless you can't sit on the seat and touch the ground....no bike is too big period. Training/practice can raise the skill level where the size/weight really don't matter.

I would suggest buying that dvd by the motorcop. They put part of a demostration on U-tube and I watched it. Went to a local school and tried their techniques....they work. The biggest problem I have seen people having is low speed handling and that is what the videos adress. I can't count the number of people I see at gatherings that have to put their feet down a low speeds.....shameful and a good way to get hurt. I can now take this SG and lock the steering and almost idle in a smalllll circle leaned over and almost touching the boards to the ground with no problems.

If you have inherently good balance, riding the bike is not hard once you get used to the center of balance on the bike.

And, no.....I don't to the guy the produces the dvd, nor do I have stock or any other association with them....I am not a dealer or seller.:yikes:

I looked at the specs on the bike and the seat height is 28.6 or so. If your inseam is 30 or more stock should be fine. If not, a change in seats would be in order or maybe adding the SG shocks

Most bikes are heavy regardless on who makes them or the "style" and most guys would not be able to just pickup a bike. If you drop one there are techniques for getting the bike back upright that does not take extreme strength.

I have an SG and at the weight of this bike, I would hate to have to set it up and probably could not use just brute strength. The heaviest bike I have just grabbed and lifted up was about 700 lbs (wet) and this one is probably closer to 800 wet....but, I am sure I could get it standing on my own using the lifting techniques that I have been taught.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Carrie said:
Any chance the next CVO bike be a Street Glide or Road Glide? I'm kinda hoping.~!Awesome!

I like the White Frost and Silver Mist paint scheme on this Electra Glide. Not sure I could handle such a big bike like that. It's somewhat intimidating. :D

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/CVOs/2008/2008_cvo.jsp?locale=en_US
Maybe a RG but not the SG is my bet. The electra has had its run and many Road Glide owners that I know drop some serious money to add all the bells to make the Road Glide more like an Ultra.

I was thinking that HD should step up and do a SE sportster. After all, they revamped the Nightster in an attempt to draw more riders to that bike family.

·
RAMOD
458 Posts
I ride an Ultra now....

But I'd sell one (maybe two) of my kids for the SE Ultra!

Glad they stopped with the leather POS TourPak. It's a nice looking ride all the way around.

As for too much bike, I thought the same thing when I went from the Fatboy to the Ultra. After a couple of days, it is no comparison. The Ultra actually handles better and is MUCH easier to ride. It is mind over matter.

The only reminder of the "size" of the bike is when you initally set her up from the side stand (sheer weight difference) and if you are moving the bike around and it gets a little away from you it takes more to pull her back. Right after I got the Ultra I was backing her out and I grabbed the front brake with the bars turned a little. When backing up, its no big deal (compared to moving forward) but the bike still dove a bit and I didn't have great footing. Momentum is a biach..... I could have just yanked the Fatboy back up but the Ultra rested gently on the right side engine guard. No damage what so ever (other than my pride) but it served as a lesson to keep the bike moving and centered!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I would love to see them come out with an SE Road Glide.

Was very tempted to trade my 04 FLTRI off on a new one with the new larger tank, 6 speed tranny and ABS brakes. But, decided to hold off for a while.

There are only 2 bikes that i would trade mine for.:whisper: The first would be a SE Road Glide and the second a Revo Bagger.

Ride Safe,
Vettster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts