V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and really like it so far. I am from Canada and have an 02 V-Rod. I have Samson Long Cannon Pipes, Power commander and a low sport windshield on my VRSCA. 6800kms (4000miles) on it so far and I am loving it more every day! What a bike!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well being from Michigan and the suburbs of Detroit, we consider Windsor Ontario just the clean section of Detroit, and of course Windsor considers Detroit the dirty part of Windsor. So I guess you could consider me as having Dual Rider Citizenship.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Scotty. Been watchin this site for a while. It is great. Lots of good info.
I am a fellow Canadian, unfortunatly without my own V-Rod yet. Put a down payment in May and am still waiting.
Dealer says his alottment will be ten, I was number eight on the list. He says it will probaly be close to Christmas for mine. Its a tough wait.

I have been out on a couple rides though.
The Dealer has one of his own and let me have it for a couple hours. I have started ordering some of my accessories and have them. Sundowner seat, Touring shield, luggage rack and bags. I like the quick remove windshield only problem is someone my height (short torso) has a problem with the distortion at the top of the screen right at the transition point between looking over the top and through it.

This is a great spot to swap info with a lot of easy goin dudes.

Keep it up Guys.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am from Stratford, Ontario. It is approx halfway between Kitchener and London. I got one of the first V-Rods that came into Canada. There is only 200 02 V-Rods in Canada.

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
Welcome both of you. I look forward to my next visit there. 200 bikes out of what 10 or 11,000 bikes worldwide? I would think that seems a bit on the light side considering that Milwaukee is closer to you than me. Good for me though, my next trip to Kingston should turn a few heads.

PS. Davee, I wish I was an Ironbutt, then I wouldn't have to buy that $400 sundowner seat. Ironbutt is just David Price's way of reminding me that I'm not spending enough time on my bike. And he's right too. - DJW

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The biggest dealers in Canada only received 3 V-Rods. A lot of them only got 1. Allotment for 03s has increased though. The only reason I got mine at all is that I have a connection (unnamed, of course) to the Distributor in Canada. He pulled a few strings and got me my bike. I was #10 on the waiting list at my local dealer but quickly became number #1 at a dealer approx 3 hours away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.