V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Just bad
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered a crack in my rear headpipe this week - $165 for the replacement part from my dealer :mad:. I also have V&H slip-ons that, thanks to the previous owner that rode it hard with a loose clamp, have a nice yellow tint. On top of all that, the chrome is peeling off the tips too. Sounds like a damn good excuse for new pipes :)

After much websurfing it appears the choices of aftermarket exhaust for baggers is pretty limited. I have been looking closely at the V&H Long Shots and wonder if anyone here has tried them.

How is the quality?

How about ground clearance both in hard right turns and driving up ramps (loading on/off a pickup with 7' arched ramps - with stock head pipes and V&H slipons, the tips can tap the ground if I roll off the ramps a little too fast)?

How about the noise? I'm not worried about the neighbors or car alarms - more interested in comparing against semi-loud slipons from the rider's seat. Seems like the difference ought to be negligable since they exit far enough to the rear.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Oh yeah, its an 01 FLHRCI.

·
Just bad
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well OK... you talked me into it :)

Just kidding. I had already dug thru the archives and googled the newsgroups and seen plenty of positives about these pipes as well as the vendor I ordered from.

I'll follow up once I get them installed and remark about the ground clearance. Since nobody (in the archives) had mentioned it, I'm hoping no news is good news.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts