V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I plan a 3000 mile trip. I have an 05 Ultra. I buy a hand held mike for the CB to have just in case. Try it out around home. Doesn't seem to work. Big deal, I got a cell phone, roadside asst and a glock. Never try the CB on the road.

Decide to get shorter antenna's. Read something that says radio antenna is the left ant and CB is the right antenna. That can't be right since mine is reversed. Check out a bunch of Ultra's. Guess when the dealer set up my bike they did it backwards. I try to take off the right Antenna for the radio and it won't turn. Go to the pliers with leather insert to keep from scratching the base. It won't turn. Find two men and three boys:yes: (sarcasm) and I get it to turn. Of course the high grade steel is marred and silver with metal chips gone. Gee wiz the base is stripped. Who would have thought.:mad: Three beers gone.

Long story short, I put the cb ant on the right and still can't seem to get the cb to work. Another four beers gone. Put on cheap shorties and the radio works fine. Read the owners book and still can't get the cb to work. Two more beers gone. Decided I hate cb's and don't want one anyway. Still got my cell phone and roadside asst, can't find my glock and now I have fallen and I can't reach my bottle of tequila.=devil=

Regards, SSC

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Krayven Sumhead said:
You probably need to throw the switch on the fairing.......My CB with hand held mike works well......
Agree!! SSC, get the manual out and turn to that pages about radio/CB operation and speaker settings. It explains the switch setting for using the CB and the radio. I have to get out the book everytime I get ready to take a trip. I really don't use the CB but all my buddies do, so I set the switches so I can at least listen. AND would like to have it incase of an emergency. I would tell you the switch settings but mine's an '02 and the radio/CB changed a bunch since mine.

o~\o

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,
Thanks for the info. I do not think there is a switch on the fairing for the CB. I will look and read the book once more. I know there is a speaker switch which is properly set.

Regards, SSC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts