V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 FXDWGI with a big sucker and VH big shot staggerds. The tune in the SERT manual left some popping on decel so I modified it a bit...still had some popping on decel...but only when I backed off the throttle from higher RPMs.

A guy sent me a program that worked for his bike...although I think it was a 2005 model...but, it won't load.

Is it because his is a 2005?

Please see the pic. Seems like because I can't override his ECM # that the program won't work.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/molon_labe/sert.jpg

·
Administrator
11,285 Posts
I don't believe the 05 files will load in an earlier ECM. You would need one for 01-04.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
It's probably that your software versions are incompatible. If you search decel pop in this forum you should find some good advice on how to eliminate it. I ended up adding fuel at zero throttle and took care of it. I just can't remember how much or which RPM ranges off hand.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I believe you can open the map from the 05, look at all the advanced table selections, then copy and paste to your 04 map. Be sure to rename the 04 map when finished so you don't disrupted the map you are currently using. I'm no expert, but I have done this already....got a SERT for Christmas. :thumbsup:

Thorns

1 - 4 of 4 Posts