V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, any suggestions on a (quality) replacement two-up seat for my FXDWG? I need about 2 more inches of leg room to be comfortable on the forward controls. I figure that a seat that relocates my butt backwards would give me the room without having to extend the controls. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I have a Saddlemen King gel seat that is extremely comfortable on my 02 Wideglide. The seating position is about one inch further back compared to the stock seat. The only seats I have tried that placed me two inches farther back were a Corbin hollywood solo and a H-D badlander seat. Both seats are extremely stiff and uncomfortable. Kuryakyn makes 3 inch extension plates for the pegs and foot controls specifically for the Wideglide. I was thinking about trying them out and saved a picture off ebay of a WG with them installed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm 6' 1", just installed a Wide Vintage setup from Mustang.

I couldn't believe how much further back I sit than my previous seat (H-D's Touring Seat for Dyna Wide Glide Models 52231-01, which I'm going to sell).......seems about 2 inches!

It felt really firm at first, but after about 100 miles, my butt crack is smilin'! :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
P.S. I just posted some pictures. Here's the b/4 and after. More are available in my gallery. (My Gallery)

·
Registered
695 Posts
I haven't had a chance to ride my 2003 FXDWG but just sitting on an 02 model, the seat felt good to me. I've even read a few reviews that said even they were shocked at how good the FXDWG seat felt because they were saying on most Harleys the stock seat is one of the first things that have to go. I'm 6'2" and the controls felt good but then again I haven't riden one yet. I've been riding mid controls on metrics for 31 years so any extension I get is going to be welcome. Good luck with finding the seat you're looking for.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, thanks. I threw a bid in but the price started to run up. Don't want that setup that bad (but I would have taken a bargain).

·
Registered
240 Posts
H-D Screaming Eagles II slip-ons w/stock pipes.

·
Registered
695 Posts
dave51,
Thanks for asking him the question about the pipes. I was going to but was trying to figure it out. I copied the pic and blew it up. They look nice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oaktown, we have the gunfighter. We have it on the FXWDG3 and my husband loves it but after about an hour my butt really hurts. We have put about 500 miles on it since we have gotten the seat.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. Any photos of it kicking around? I'm also curious about how it looks. I love the way it looks on a Softail (very angular, if that's a word), but worry that it'll look like a flat plank on my Dyna. Unfortunately, the frame design on Dynas makes many seats look like they're on a 1976 CB650....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cox, not on ours. Its a limited model so the seat was not an ordinary stock seat, it was more like a peice of dental floss.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts