V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out a buddy of mine and his wife were hit broadside by a pickup truck. They were riding a Texas Chopper. She was thrown off of the bike and her leg broken in two places and pretty scratched up. He was pinned under the bike which was pinned under the truck for 10'. His leg was "crushed" but no bones broken. She will be out of work 6 months and he will be out 6 weeks. The bike was totalled.

The story is still sketchy, but they were heading to main st. in a lot of traffic. Both lanes turned right and a guy behind them in a pick up truck saw an opening to the right and tried to blast around them as the lanes turned right.

They guy gets out of the '06 GMC pickup and says, "I just got the truck fixed!". What an ass-monkey.

My buddy told me he doubts his wife will ever get back on a bike. He isn't in any hurry himself.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
sorry to hear bro.I wish them the best. I got a phone call the other day one of my friends got hit by a local while he was walking in the street. Bike was parked. He's doing better but struggling to walk again. I am sure alot of people have some other horror stories.....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friends. I hope they both heal quickly and fully!

I just don't get the thought (or lack there of) process some people have behind the wheel...:nope:

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
I would have told him that after I get done sueing his a$$ off, his truck will be mine!! Jacka$$!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sorry to hear that, its crazy out there, got clipped last Friday by a spring breaker in one of those stupid looking little "Drifter" cars, luckily I didn't ride my bike to work that day and only sustained some minor cosmetic damage to my truck, could of been a lot worse on the bike.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Ask any one of those nitwits what his reason for the crash was, and, after he got done dispensing the bu%%sh(t, it'd be that he was in a hurry. Must be a tough life to always be in that much of a hurry. Sure am sorry about the folks that got hurt, though. I hope there's a special place in hell for drivers like that.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bbrowncods said:
I would have told him that after I get done sueing his a$$ off, his truck will be mine!! Jacka$$!
The guy got charged with "failing to use due care".

My buddy already has a lawyer. :brows:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts