V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was briefly discussed earlier, but I would appreciate any further feedback.

Purchased a SERT from Dealer for 75% OFF. Part # 32107-01B dated 04/28/04. Contains sealed interface part #32107-01-SUBA along with the "B" version CD.

I'm assuming the interface, cables, etc. will work with my '05 FLHR/I using a later version D, E, or F software CD.

Hard to pass up this deal......hope your input will prove my thinking correct.

:thanks:

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
From the research I have done, yes this should work... The only difference between the different serial numbers (A, B, C, D etc) is the software. The hardware is the same...

btw, where is this dealer? Contact info? Does he/she have any more at that price?

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Before you break the seal, be sure the dealer guarantees it will work w/ an '05.
As I recall, there was a hardware as well as a software change from B to C.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
petrock said:
From the research I have done, yes this should work... The only difference between the different serial numbers (A, B, C, D etc) is the software. The hardware is the same...

btw, where is this dealer? Contact info? Does he/she have any more at that price?
pet:

Not trying to blow you off, but a good friend at the dealer notified me of the last one left and of course I grabbed it. Seems there were three available and they left within hours of being put on the "sale" table.

I've got the D and E versions of the tuning software. Just want to be sure the communications interface will work before breaking the seal.

Thanks for your reply!

:)

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MegaGlide said:
Before you break the seal, be sure the dealer guarantees it will work w/ an '05.
As I recall, there was a hardware as well as a software change from B to C.
Mega:

Right now that's my main concern. Dealer didn't have a current SERT in stock to compare #'s, but noticed a vendor on ebay selling the latest unit and a pic of the contents showed the interface having part# 32114-01A-SUBA on the interface sealed package.

Definitely appears to be a later version, but as you stated I won't break the seal till I'm sure it's compatable. Parts manager was confident it should work on my '05 but honestly could not guarantee it.

If I find it's definitely not compatible, I'll dump it on Ebay.

Hopefully some of the gurus here will chime in with solid opinions.

BTW, anyone you could recommend I contact concerning this?

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Mine is a "C" version and the SUBA Part # is -01A
I remember having to wait for this -01A SUBA to physically come into the dealership so my bike could be tuned, so methinks the -01 won't do it for an '05.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MegaGlide said:
Mine is a "C" version and the SUBA Part # is -01A
I remember having to wait for this -01A SUBA to physically come into the dealership so my bike could be tuned, so methinks the -01 won't do it for an '05.
Do you remember if your 01A-SUBA (interface) was preceeded by 32107 or 32114?

Viewing the SERT part#'s in the last three Screaming Eagle Catalogs are:

'04 SERT # 32107-01B
'05 SERT # 32107-01C
'06 SERT # 32107-01D

You may be right in that the '04 Interface won't work with an '05 bike. I'm going to talk with the Dealer again tomorrow; may have to call MOCO Tech Support to find out for sure.........

Appreciate the feedback!

:confused:

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MegaGlide said:
32114-01a-suba
Dave:

I'll try to get something from Dealer and/or MOCO tomorrow, though for now I think your right on my unit being for '02 - '04 Models.

Thanks again for the info, and I'll chime back in once this issue is confirmed.

:unsure:

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Hey, how about you mates here at VTF ???

WVRDKING said:
If I find it's definitely not compatible, I'll dump it on Ebay.
or tell us the Item number if you list, :thanks:

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I almost bought the wrong one on ebay last summer. Turns out there is one for EFI bikes and one for carb. bikes. I used 32114-01A version 4.1.2, on my 05 EFI Road King. I can't find the box offhand so I can't give you the P/N for the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dave, all:

I contacted the Dealer Parts Manager this AM and discussed with him could there be a difference in the interface. He was also concerned since we both knew '05 models came with an updated/different ECM. He calls MOCO Dealer Tech Support and reports back to me that MOCO assured him the interface would work as long as I obtained the #32117-01D or later Software CD. Basically just needed the '05 Maps.

Not doubting the Dealer, but for my own curiosity I contacted MOCO myself and posed the same question to P&A Support. After a few minutes they came back with the same answer that the SERT would work fine as long as I had newer Software CD.

Couldn't really give me a concrete reason for the interfaces having different -SUBA numbers. Mumbled something about for internal control.....:blink:

So, once Mrs. Clause gives the OK to open presents, I'll plug this thing up and see if it recognizes the ECM. If so I should be good to go.

Dealer has guaranteed return for credit if it does not work.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Problem Solved??

Finally convinced the Mrs. that hooking up the SERT just for a test would hopefully prove that this thing works; and help keep me from being crazy till Christmas worrying about it. :wacko:

After hooking up per the Manual, here's the results of connecting to the vehicle and reading ECM information: (hopefully attached)

I see the VIN is correct and Program Status at 100%. At this point I'm taking the opinion so far so good, and realize successfully uploading a new file in the future will be the final test.

Whew! Now for some refreshment! :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts