V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondring if anyone can tell me if installing and oil cooler and or a fan will make a noticable difference in the amount of heat you feel on your right leg on a hot summer day?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the oil cooler on my Glide and I think it may make a slight difference in heat generation. After all, the bike should be running a little cooler and throwing some of the heat out of the radiator.

As for the engine fan, it will take some of the heat off your right leg and throw it onto your left leg. Nobody has much good to say about those fans. There seemed to be a problem with the mounting brackets breaking on early editions. Hopefully that has been corrected.

On another board we are having a discussion about the use of fiberglass header wrap on the exhaust pipe to shield some of the heat. Also seems to bee some good reports about having the exhaust headers ceramic coated at HPC.
Ken

·
Registered
276 Posts
best way to get the heat off your leg is go to a 2-1 pipe. At least on my RG it made a huge difference. I guess eliminating the Y pipe is what does it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The "Best way" is ta Ride,...Ride,...Ride......N "Not" in a Parade!

·
Registered
515 Posts
It must be... I have yet to have been bothered by the heat, let alone even notice it. I keep thinking everyone else must be wearing shorts. In eighty-three days will be spring again and I can start looking for what everyone is talking about again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts