V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, another new guy. I found the site by doing a "google" search for "belt adjusment" and found you all here.

I've been riding for around 25-30 years. Lotsa dirt riding, mostly what's known now as "adventure touring" (dual sport, day trips, 2-3 day camp trips). My v-twin experiences are few and far between with a few different bikes in between those. In the mid 80's I had an '81 FXEF and this last April I bought an '05 FLHTI when I returned from a little trip. As of this last week the odometer rolled over 8,000 miles and I had to replace the worn out rear tire.

I live in El Cajon and ride just about everyday, rain or shine (mostly shine).

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Welcome, It's nice to see another new comer here from San Diego. I work out of El Cajon and bought my bike from EC Harley. I live down in Chula Vista though. Been making the trip out to EC for 9 years now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I commute to either Otay Mesa or Tecate area. Where do you work? I live just off I-8 and Hwy 67 across the freeway from the mall.

I bought mine at EC H-D, They made me a pretty good deal and I couldn't pass it up.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Hi:

Welcome to the V-TwinForum. Where the motorcycle makes the man (and woman)

Dirt riding, I ve ridden a few. On my last outing my mission was to convert the back tire to a slick and to remove all the teeth off my rear sprocket. Mission accomplished. CR-500 r

Stick around and post up. You'll like these fine folks who ride.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Martin64 said:
I commute to either Otay Mesa or Tecate area. Where do you work? I live just off I-8 and Hwy 67 across the freeway from the mall.

I bought mine at EC H-D, They made me a pretty good deal and I couldn't pass it up.
I drive a truck for Westair on Vernon and N Marshall. I ride out Hwy 67 alot going up into the mountains. I also got a good deal at EC HD. They are one of the few dealer around that sell at MSRP.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had EC H-D and SD H-D competing for my money. SD H-D kinda pissed me off so I bought it from EC. It's amazing what the dealers will do now that there are bikes on the showroom floor that don't have deposits on them.

You work right around the corner from here. I'm just off Magnolia and Madison next to Johnson Elementary.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Martin64 said:
I had EC H-D and SD H-D competing for my money. SD H-D kinda pissed me off so I bought it from EC. It's amazing what the dealers will do now that there are bikes on the showroom floor that don't have deposits on them.

You work right around the corner from here. I'm just off Magnolia and Madison next to Johnson Elementary.
Back in Feb of 04 when I bought my bike I shopped around at all the dealers in the county. EC was the only one that even had the bike I wanted on order. I still had to wait 2 months for it. Too funny though because SD HD pissed me off too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll never have anything to do with SD. EC is down the street, Chula Vista isn't far from my commute route when I work in Otay, I travel through Temecula once a month on my way to Fresno. There are just too many shops that are too convenient just off the freeways for me to ever do business with those clowns.

<rant>
I wish I had a recorder on my telephone. When I was calling around the shops for prices, I was talking to a guy from SD. I told him what bike I wanted and a price for him to beat. In view of their "patriotic commercials" I told the guy that I just returned from Iraq.....this guy says something like "well that's all well and good, but it isn't going to help you any". I was just going along with what they preach about supporting the troops and that bastard said that. EC doesn't give military discounts and I respect that because I didn't join the military to get discounts on goods and services. But for all the crap they spout on their commercials and then that saleman said that.....I was instantly mad. I would have shot his dog on the spot. I wanted to reach through the phone and pinch his head off his shoulders. I was so mad I forgot to get his name and barely held my cool long enough to get the price from him so I could take it to someone else to beat or match. All anyone would have had to do was match it, but EC beat 'em by another couple hundred and that was good enough for me. <end of rant>

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on your new FLHTI. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
Hey Martin,

Welcome to the board! I hear ya about SDHD. They are not the customer friendly people that they make themselves out to be (at least on the commercials)... Especially, when it comes to their service department...

Anyways, Glad to have another San Diegan here. I'm up in North County with a bunch of guys who go group riding on the weekends. Let me know if you are ever up for one and we'll hook up!

E :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts