V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Steve and I have been riding since college in Az. almost 10 yrs ago. Had 2 bikes, both crotch rockets, consider myself lucky to be alive. Anyway back in school had a girlfriend whose dad had several Harleys. Iniatially I would ride with him on the Honda 900RR but then it happened. He actually let me ride his Dyna Wide Glide and it was all over, that was it, the seed had been planted. Problem was there was no way this student could afford a Harley, I could barely afford to pay attention back then. I think I even tryed to use student loan $ to buy one of his bikes. So fast forward to this New Years weekend. I finally did it! With some serious pleading with the wife. She was not to excited about the idea because of the fact that we just had a baby boy 2 mos. ago. Anyway things have settled down and I got the green light. I actually ordered the bike last Aug. and got it this last fri. My second baby of the house is a 06 Cobalt Blue Deluxe. Got to ride all weekend here in N.C., weather was awesome in the upper 50's. Anyway just wanted to say hello and that I have been reading this forum for many months now and received tons of usefull info. and look forward to the new riding year!

·
Iron Butt
559 Posts
A nice intro and a great way to start the new year by joining the best MC site available. Let's see a picture of that new Deluxe.
Ride safe and post often.
Steve.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Congrats on the family and the new bike.

Great that you had some weather to get some riding in.

Welcome to the forum where we all share that little boy on Christmas feeling about our motorcycles.

Post up and be heard.

·
Curmudgeon, and proud.
13 Posts
Steve,

Welcome from another newbie, and congratulations on the bike! Lots of great folks willing to share all their knowledge and experience. My in-laws live in Asheville. My wife just told her mother last night that we are riding down this summer when her ex has their son, usually during August. Hope we can hook up for a ride! I'll post more when it's confirmed.

Bill

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Double Congrats on the baby boy and the new motorsickle!! Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts