V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have just found this forum and joined, I am a member of several other forums as well and have found the folks in them to be great!! I have had a lifelong love of motorcycles in general and try to keep several in the garage at all times. I cannot qualify as a 1% but, as I live in Fl and ride my bike (bikes) on an average of 35000 miles each year I get close. What I am about to say may not increase my popularity here but I am now in my 60th year and started on motorcycles when I was 12 years old, I have never discriminated against any brand and have owned and ridden most of them. Currently I am down to a BMW and an Ultra.

I gotta tell you that like women each and every different motorcycle is unique unto itself with qualities that endear it and some that cause us to wonder what they were thinking about. Those of you with seniority I am sure will agree. The most important thing that I can say to anyone who reads this is.. Ride often and enjoy the ride, it just doesnt get any better than that.

Jim Davis
Floral City, Fl

·
Retired Air Force
339 Posts
Jim,
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of good people here. Post often and enjoy your time here.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
James,

I would like to also welcome you to this fine Forum. Now that you are here, you will find that this is indeed the correct choice for a person with your experience and wisdom. (you love motorcycles, we love motorcycles)

One of my riding buddies (BMW) is 70, 25 years my senior and still tinkers with his machine and rides with a bunch of kids. We rode 2 hours to an antique engine show and both got stimuli overload....what a gas.

So Mr. Jimmy, If I may be so bold, Pull up a chair, post up some threads and grab some laughs.

I am glad to make your acquaintance. Visit our My Story posts to get to know some of us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome! In new here too, learning lots from the folks here, and sounds like I can learn a thing or two from your experiences too.

kelvin

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hi from Oz!

G'Day Jim:welcome: to VTF.I"m sure you have alot of things to pass on to us young bucks....so post up and share.
I totally agree with your goodself in that I like to enjoy a different ride of bikes as also Used to enjoy different ladies but i have found both(that is my FXDWG and my lady of 5 yrs) that i love......although I am thinking of also getting a newer model.lol.!drunk!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for warm welcome fellas, I hope that I can be a worthy member of this fine forum and will be checking in as often as I can.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
As a fellow rider I can't imagine how you think you'd tic us off when conversing about our favorite subject...even if ya are old as dust:bleh:

Welcome & ENJOY!!!

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey JD, welcome. Great place to hang out and learn. One of the better sites going!

Take care,

Ray

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Jim. Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts