V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-
Just thought I'd drop by & introduce myself.

Hubby & I just bought a 2000 Sportster 883. We got it Sept. 11 & it meant a lot to us that we could buy something that symbolizes our pride in America on that day. It's our first Harley ( he rode a bike in his early 20's) & my first chance to own ANY bike. We're in our mid-30's now, so finally we get to get some "toys", since the kids are getting older.Yessss......

Anyway, he's put me in charge of adding on some goodies to the basically stock bike ( the former owner added Screamin Eagles, a fairing (has to go!), and a few other minor goodies).
So far I've purchased 6 in. risers, Drag bars, chrome anything I can get my hands on (oil tank, battery cover, ignition module cover, derby, Air cleaner insert, flame gas cap emblem,etc,etc...), Chromed billet mirrors, lowering shocks,matching diamond chrome pattern grips & pegs, on & on.

He sure made a mistake when he said "buy some stuff" . LOL
He should have known....I did the same thing when we got out PT Cruiser.
:rolleyes: :D

I'm looking forward to learning what I can here. I know I have some burning questions as to HOW I can go about adding a chrome headlight, etc.
So, I hope we share ideas soon & have a lot of interesting times!
Take care, & ride safe!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very cool and welcome. How fortunate your husband is to have a wife that shares his interest, much less one that will buy goodies for it. I hope you enjoy it.

PS We have a PT Cruiser as well and love it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for writing!
I live by the concept that you must "make it your own". I'll try to post a pic of our rides together...I took them last weekend. THIS weekend we'll be doing some wrenching & adding what HD goodies have already arrived. Got more stuff yesterday. so.... ;)
PS- The PT's feeling neglected. guess I better get to hopping on those chrome bumpers! LOL ( I wish...) BTW , are you on any of the car clubs? I'm also on the PTE & PTCC forums ( 2_2COOL).
Looking forward to spending as much time here.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Welcome....This is the best Harley Forum on the Net. Great folks here. I have an '01 PT Cruiser and love it also. If you haven't already, check out ptenthusiasts.org. It has a feel very much like here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts