V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks!

This looks like a good place. I'm glad I found it.

Don't know anything about Harleys (used to be a Triumph man), but I've just picked up a 1990 Sportster 1200 and I'm feeling all good about life despite a workload that means I barely have time to brush my teeth (still, it paid for the Harley didn't it?).

I live down in Brighton on the south coast of the UK where I work from home as a hack and scribbler of various sorts. I'm into my family, weightlifting (Olympic style), music and old english sheepdogs.

Back in the wind after 12 years and smiling from ear to ear

Mike (the bike... again)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome Mike,

Glad to have you join us. I think the Sportster community is really growing here and I am sure that if you have any questions or need any help one of us will be able to lend you a hand. Ride save and stay dry.

Dave

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm hoping the Sportster will help me find my "bike legs" again so that I can make an informed choice further down the road, test-riding a super glide and low rider, to choose between them.

I should be getting in the saddle any time now. I haven't been so excited since I got married.

Cheers

Mike

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
Mike the bike,
Welcome back. Spent a week in Brighton back in'87, I loved it. More than a few nights at the Old Vic among other places. Grew up a huge Who fan so it was all a big sort of Quadrophenia pilgrimage. Good luck with the Sporty, I highly recommend the SuperGlide next, I ride an FXDX

Dean

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Dean

Yes. You still get a lot of London bikers coming down here for weekend rides. I'm sure the steady stream of Harleys coming down on through helped accelerate the decision to get back on two wheels before I die.

Went out on my first ride last night. God, it was wonderful! Loved that lean, chugging out in the wind feeling. I was also surprised (and a little relieved) to find all the old riding grey cells suddenly resuscitate - and so fast - after 20 years.

The FXDX definitely appeals - I'm a big handling freak, though not a massive fan of black. Once I've got my act fully back together I'll have to evaluate the style/riding trade-offs of the FXDL, FXD and FXDX.

Of course, any comments on what to look for would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts