V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Been lurking here a couple months and finaly registered the other day. Not much to tell, had dirt bikes and a couple small street bikes when younger and now wanting to get back in the wind again. Still havn't decided on a model but plan to buy before this spring. Leaning towards the Heritage but sometimes think the FL springer might be more to my liking style wise. Plan on mostly using for short day trips and such.
I feel as though I have gained some insight from the vast storeroom of knowledge in this forum and look forward to continuing to enjoy it.
Kirk

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
:welcome: to the forums. Be sure to check around and you can find you a great deal unless you have to have a new one. I myself would steer clear of any 06 models and beyond due to the restrictions starting to be impossed on them, but that is my my own personal preference.

You may even want to consider renting a couple as that may help you decide which bike best fits you.

I would say get a Fatboy. :)

Post up and enjoy.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Glad you like it here. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
It may not be to late...........

.................................to change your user name, unless you can take some ribbing :huh: what were you thinking?

:welcome: to the forum, enjoy, stick around and tell us the true meaning of RUB, John :spank:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New Name? No Way

C'mon ya know how hard its getting to get an original name on this board? I've read this boards previous post and think I'm in for ribbing no matter what name I chose.
Kirk

·
ANOTHER DAMN YANKEE
142 Posts
New harley not !!!!

If I was you , I would be looking at a used bike, there is a ton of them out there and you can save a bunch of money. The bottom has fallen out of the used bike market. 5 yrs ago when you bought a new bike you could sell it for what you paid for it. Not anymore. Is chrome worth anything, used to be not anymore. I looked at new bikes for a long time and just couldnt bring myself to pay that much. I started looking for a good used low mileage bike and found one for a very good price. There are alot of good deals out there and a very big selection to choose from. Unless your loaded and have money comming out of your ears I would buy used. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts