V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum but like it so far.

I live near Baltimore, so I went to the 100th anniversery Open Road tour in Balto on Friday. Thought it was cool. Saw Willy G there and got to demo a Sporty. Went to my local dealer on Saturday and put $100 down to get my name on the list for one. They're telling me 6 to 10 months. I used to ride 20 years ago and now I've got the Harley bug real bad. Went to the factory in York Pa couple of weeks ago. That pumped me up real good.

So that's my story. Probably get one over the winter so I'll have it in time for next season. Hope to communicate with you guys more once I become an owner.

Later.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yo Wheelman, Home-Boy , we're neighbors HA! :) -- welcome to the forum. Way to go Bud, putting that money down on a new bike was a great move. I haven't made the tour yet at the York factory but I really want to go. My bike is on order also -- I ordered a Dyna Wide Glide. I've had ants in my pants ever since I laid my money down HA!

What brought you bike to riding? When you get your bike we'll hook up and go for a ride. There are many other in this forum just like you and me that are waiting for their new bikes -- we all ought to start our own riding club for the guys that just got Harleys. HA! What do you think, are you in?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good to me. Maybe we can hook up next summer.
When do you think your's wiil come in? Like I said, it will probably be next season before I'm on the road. Can't wait.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome Wheelman,

Now the worst is to come, waiting is the worst part of the whole ordeal; it feels like your bike will never come in. HAHA, you'll get to know the Dealer real well because you'll be there a lot asking about when they expect your bike, until it does come in.

Most all of us know what Cox is just learning that waiting is the hardest part. We have all been there you'll find ourselves out for a drive and before you know it you'll be at the Dealership again, it's happened to all of us. Just hang in there it's going to be worth it, when it does come in. Please check out the board there are a lot of very knowledgeable folks on here so if you have a question or just want to chat were here for you. Take care and I hope you8r bike arrives before the Dealer thought it would.

Dave

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks V-Rod. Did either of you northern Va guys go to the Open Road tour this weekend? The Demo ride alone was worth the $35 it cost me to get in. If I hadn't done the demo ride, I'd probably still be dicking around with whether or not to get one.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
wheelman,

I went to the 100th ORT on Saturday, it was pretty cool (the bikes, not the weather).

If you have the $$$ to get you bike now (or in the next month or so) do yourself a favor, visit all the HD dealers within 100 miles at least ONE of them will have an '03 Sporty available for immediate delivery.

Go HERE and click on Dealers, then use the dealer locator to find all the dealers in MD, VA, PA.

Good luck, see you on the road.

wyo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Wyo

Wyo - Thanks for the info, but I don't want to pay more than MSRP for it. I can use the waiting time to get rid of the other toy in the garage before the Sporty arrives.
Did you demo any bikes while you were at the Open road tour? The demo ride was about 10 miles long. I couldn't believe it. I thought it would just be on the parking lot, but it was out on the road. That was worth my $35.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Wheelman, Welcome to the forum. I browsed around the Harley Dealers in all the towns I contract in and finally jumped in and bought a used (previously owned) bike. I think the wait would drive me or more likely my wife insane. We went on the York Tour a few years ago on our honeymoon. This year I'm gonna try to get to the Kansas City Sportster Factory tour in September.

I did a bunch of demo rides in Sturgis. the ride there was a few miles also. A real nice surprise. Our local stealer is having an Open House with demo's soon and I wanna try the V-rod. Maybe I can get Liz up on a touring bike. She barely tolerates the Sporty (says she wants armrests). sigh

·
Registered
695 Posts
I say skip the HOG and Chapter stuff -- Heck there are enough of us new east coast boys to start our own ridin' club -- HA! Just Kiddin' But it would be nice if all of us new Harley riders could get together for at least 1 ride -- shoot we might even get along -- HA!

Yo Wheelman,
They said there is that long of a wait on your Sporty? Wow! I wouldn't have guessed that -- next summer? OK By Golly -- next summer it is, make sure you keep me posted. I'm hoping I get my bike next month but I really don't know -- haven't been able to get an answer. I think I wore out my welcome down at the dealership -- I'd walk through the door and they'd all run -- HA! Just kiddin'

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi Wheelman,

No I didn't get a chance to wife had other things planned for me, you know how it is. But I hear it wasn't very crowded on Friday and it was a real good time, I really wish I could have made it but just couldn't work it out.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts