V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just wanted to say hi! :D I've been admiring harleys, and all motorcycles, for years. Now, I'm about to sell my mustang, that I've had for years, and done just about everything to. It's time for a new hobby, so hopefully, if the expense of buying a house this year doesn't hinder my wallet too much, I will be purchasing my very first bike soon. Not sure exactly what I will get, new or used, and what model. But, Someday....... :)

C'ya...

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
As a hobby? Ya might as well keep the Mustang.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
JimmyK said:
As a hobby? Ya might as well keep the Mustang.
Welcome aboard!
I can't speak for Jimmy but I believe he means for some of us it's NOT a hobby but a way of life.I don't know many people who have,say,a power boat tattoed on their arm.

You've come to the right place,ask questions & get involved.

Enjoy the forum.
guido

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
hey Someday welcome aboard ya dont have to be ridin to enjoy this site
their is plenty always happenin here. i have a 66 mustang coupe and a 86 softail custom. maybe you could find a way to keep the stang!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome Someday, I mean Today, I mean you can post now......

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Harleys get way past the hobby satge, more like borderline "sickness".

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
wurkenman said:
Harleys get way past the hobby satge, more like borderline "sickness".
...no,definitely a sickness,allmost a disease,with no known cure but a little wind,just one small problem......it's about 5 deegrees out!
guido

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Colder here too, and still no snow for the sled! Yes Ive got the disease, no cure untill the warm weather.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Welcome, enjoy the site and I hope you can Someday post a lot ;)

Sirius

·
Registered
307 Posts
Screw the Mustang. Buy a Corvette and a Harley. They really do look good next to each other in the garage:D :D :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome Someday,

As for a bike recommendation that is pure personal choice, your best bet is to read upon the various models you think you might be interested in. Take the motorcycle safety course (MSF) they usually teach it at the local Community Colleges. Then talk to people, get their opinion, remember that is only their opinion, then go rent a few of the ones you might be interested in. It maybe expensive for a weekend but a lot cheap than buying a bike and finding out that you would rather have a different model. Just do the research, read the mags and check on line for reviews, then rent to see if that is something you could live with for several years. But it’s a way of life and much more than a hobby.

Enjoy and hope this helps,

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.