V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm newer to this forum, so ill tell you alittle about the bike i have. 2006 street glide with mods: Trask Turbo kit, cams, Thundermax Auto Tune. My problem is inbetween 2k-3k RPM it spits sputters and cutts out so bad, but when under boost it comes out of it. It idle fine i figured all that out, but i can't ride it, it also backfires, and in the intake also. My bike is very screwed up and im lost on what to do anymore any info would help so much thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Hey guys I'm newer to this forum, so ill tell you alittle about the bike i have. 2006 street glide with mods: Trask Turbo kit, cams, Thundermax Auto Tune. My problem is inbetween 2k-3k RPM it spits sputters and cutts out so bad, but when under boost it comes out of it. It idle fine i figured all that out, but i can't ride it, it also backfires, and in the intake also. My bike is very screwed up and im lost on what to do anymore any info would help so much thanks.

the t- max is tuned throttle position and rpm. kinda hard to tune the same throttle position and rpm for positive manifold pressure and say 50 kpa. so when you are in the rpm range that you are experiencing the spitting and sputtering the fuel is most likely way rich. the rich condition is fine and what you need for positive manifold pressure (under boost) but to much for when the boost isn't in.
just one of the problems that could arise. it is going to take some time to get it dialed in. you need to find someone that can tune it on the dyno. trying to tune on the street with auto tune isn't going to cut it with what you have.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts

Did you changed the settings to [supercharger] under [configure] ?

p.s. pretty strange subject title for the "problem" you have !

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
you think you are not getting boost at 2-3k? you left out a very important piece of info-----------------------------at what throttle angle? is problem at 5% throttle and easing through second gear, or in 5th and going wot?

how many miles since install? plug condition? plug gap? everything helps, maybe we can keep ya from frying it till you can get it to a dyno tuner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you think you are not getting boost at 2-3k? you left out a very important piece of info-----------------------------at what throttle angle? is problem at 5% throttle and easing through second gear, or in 5th and going wot?

how many miles since install? plug condition? plug gap? everything helps, maybe we can keep ya from frying it till you can get it to a dyno tuner.
Yea im sorry i know im under boost at 2-3k rpm but under full boost its fine, well the kid has about 1,500 miles on it my bike only has 4,000 miles total. The problem is in every gear just cruising. Say im at a stop light, and light turn green, it takes off fine then a couple moments later its sputtering and cutting out untill its about at 95% throttle.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
you got a boost gauge your watching?
does it run fine when it's not under boost?
at what boost does it start to act up? and what is the boost and AFR there?
at what rpm,boost and AFR does it straighten out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I'm newer to this forum, so ill tell you alittle about the bike i have. 2006 street glide with mods: Trask Turbo kit, cams, Thundermax Auto Tune. My problem is inbetween 2k-3k RPM it spits sputters and cutts out so bad, but when under boost it comes out of it. It idle fine i figured all that out, but i can't ride it, it also backfires, and in the intake also. My bike is very screwed up and im lost on what to do anymore any
Did you ever figure this out? I am having the exact same issue with my turbo SG

·
Super Moderator
21,758 Posts
I don't know what your issue is, but the OP has not been around since 1/2011, so I doubt you'll get an answer.

Personally I would start logging the data, and then see what the 02's were reading when it was sputtering. Perhaps look at the timing and MAP right in that area too.

Past that, with what you have invested, it might be wise to put it on the dyno and sort it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts