V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mississippi Man Mistakenly Calls 911, leads Cops to His Meth Lab

Thursday , September 06, 2007

A man trying to call a news station to complain about not getting a FEMA trailer after Hurricane Katrina accidentally dialed 911 and was charged with making methamphetamine after police arrived, authorities said.

Curtiss Randall Coleman was trying to get the number for Biloxi's WLOX-TV on Wednesday just before the 6 p.m. newscast, investigators said. He misdialed when trying to reach directory information and called 911 instead of 411.

When he hung up on the emergency dispatcher, the Jackson County Sheriff's Department was sent to the home to see if anyone was in need of assistance.

Deputies said that when they arrived at Coleman's house, no one answered the door. Officers broke in and allegedly found a methamphetamine lab.

Coleman, 53, and four others were arrested, including Coleman's son, Christopher, 30. A fifth suspect remains at large.

"It was a calamity of errors on Mr. Coleman's part," said Sgt. Curtis Spears, commander of the Narcotics Task Force of Jackson County.

Along with the Colemans, narcotics agents also arrested Erin Paula Oliver, 35, of Moss Point, and Leslie Renee McMahon, 27, of Ocean Springs. All four were charged with conspiracy to manufacture meth.

A person who answered the phone at the Jackson County jail declined to say whether Coleman and the others had attorneys.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Good stuff!

Hey, ya'll get my d*mn FEMA trailer out here! I'm expanding my meth operation.....

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
The whole body of tax payers in the USA are being raped by "Katrina victims". If God comes and blows my house to smithereens do you think Uncle Sam is gonna send me any cash? Its not very likely. Why? Because Im not a swing voter at the margin.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
S O S

MadCity said:
It's not really in the same league, but for some reason this reminded me of a story I heard about a while back in which an armed robber snatched a lady's bag that turned out to be full of the victim's dog's poop.
By the way, When W visited for the aniversity, there was a serious home invasion robbery. I think 1 or 2 got killed.

Any way, the main stream kept it under wraps cause the prez was in town.

The untold story is crime(gun) is way up.

I think the city should stay under water. good riddence:yawn: :yawn:

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
knuckleheader said:
By the way, When W visited for the aniversity, there was a serious home invasion robbery. I think 1 or 2 got killed.

Any way, the main stream kept it under wraps cause the prez was in town.

The untold story is crime(gun) is way up.

I think the city should stay under water. good riddence:yawn: :yawn:
Crime in the "refugee" cities went up significantly, too. Big problems in Texas.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I hate to play devil's advocate on this thread, but they can't take him to trial on that charge after busting in. They had no warrant or suspision that he was making meth. Granted he should go to jail, but a good lawyer will most likely get the guy off without a hitch. I say good, but even the court appointed one won't have much trouble I don't think.

·
Semper Fi
72 Posts
They were were responding to a 911 hang-up. No answer at door they had to investigate to make sure no one was injured or dead. this will hold up in court.

·
Milemarker 0
1,065 Posts
Warrantless search

Fatb0y said:
I hate to play devil's advocate on this thread, but they can't take him to trial on that charge after busting in. They had no warrant or suspision that he was making meth. Granted he should go to jail, but a good lawyer will most likely get the guy off without a hitch. I say good, but even the court appointed one won't have much trouble I don't think.
"Exigent circumstances" is an exception to the search warrant requirement. Responding to a 911 hang-up call with no answer at the door would qualify. They weren't there initially to search for meth. Once inside, anything discovered in "plain view" is also an exception to the search warrant requirement. Once they had meth in plain view, they then had enough to obtain a search warrant, which they should have done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts