V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just want to introduce myself. Got my first Harley this last May on my birthday(42),2003 Dyna super glide . Put nearly 10k on it since. Always loved the sound and look of the Harley since I was a kid, always dreamed of owning one, collecting all the eazy rider mags since the late 70's(wish I still had all the cool classic posters). Got side tracked from my dream of a hog and did the family thing. Now that there raised it's time for me and moma to play. I suspose everyone feals this way but I can't get enough, just want to ride day/night rain or shine this fits like a glove. Living in Lake Tahoe I'm not sure how I'm going to get my fix when the snow flies (praying for a drought).
Found this site while searching for forums on exhaust pipes for my bike, looking for loud true duels. Lots of info/knowledge here and looking foward to learning more..............

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tymles,
Welcome. I too am a new member and can relate to much of what you posted. The desire, then the family, now you and momma can play, Lake Tahoe. Dang, with the exception of the Lake Tahoe part, practically a mirror image of my situation. I'm from Maine. Drought? I don't think so. Wishful thinking.
I picked up my Wide Glide in May. First thing I did was to mount Vance and Hines Big Shot staggereds, jet the carb and SE filter kit. Check out the V&H big shots. They sound great and look terrific IMHO.
Ride safe.
Cruizer

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
welcome aboard!If my girlfriend was awake i would get her to help me post a smiley thingy.Best wishes from Ange and Georgina downunder.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
DynaCruizer said:
Forgive my ignorance, but dare I ask what the acronym FNG means?

what's the first thing that starts with F that comes to your mind?...

the rest is New Guy...:welcome:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
tymeles said:
Hi all, just want to introduce myself. Got my first Harley this last May on my birthday(42),2003 Dyna super glide . Put nearly 10k on it since. Always loved the sound and look of the Harley since I was a kid, always dreamed of owning one, collecting all the eazy rider mags since the late 70's(wish I still had all the cool classic posters). Got side tracked from my dream of a hog and did the family thing. Now that there raised it's time for me and moma to play. I suspose everyone feals this way but I can't get enough, just want to ride day/night rain or shine this fits like a glove. Living in Lake Tahoe I'm not sure how I'm going to get my fix when the snow flies (praying for a drought).
Found this site while searching for forums on exhaust pipes for my bike, looking for loud true duels. Lots of info/knowledge here and looking foward to learning more..............
rolled thur tahoe last april...jeezzzzus it was cold that day....but beautiful country and roads to ride...anyhow hello from canada and many happy miles...:beer:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Great first post. I know where you are at with your life cause I am in almost the same place. I am 45 and shill have 3 kids to finish up with...one in (No.4)college.

I Luv to ride me bike laddie.

I am a n00be as well and these guys have made me feel part of the gang. I been postin every minute I am not on the scoot.

This place has a bunch of biker people that are nutz about their motorcycles like me and you.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts. Ride safe....loud pipe save lives.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Take a look at where most of your reply's came from..then complain about the little bit of cold in Lake Tahoe. lol I still, to this day, wonder why the hell I left S. California. Geez!

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Welcome and have fun here. Great place to learn, I know I have learned alot from some folks here. Also entertaining at times.

You are a lucky guy, you live in a beautiful place. Nice roads around there. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies. Tahoe is a great area to ride, biggest drawback is when the weather is good there's alot of traffic up here and they drive real slowwwwwwwwwwww(enough to drive a man insane,so i do alot of passing, sort of a payback when i rip by um with my extreamly loud pipes). This time of year is good but cold but I put on alot of layers, what ever it takes to get my riding fix.
I do have many questions, so I'm looking foward to chatting all of you in the future...........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts