V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of the wind for too long. You have heard the story before: Sold my Sporty for the down payment on a house... Been there!!! Now I can finally ride instead of dream every time I hear a V-twin. Hope I can glean some useful info from this thread. My 03 FLHRCI will arrive in Nov.--- A long time to wait, and a crappy time to break it in. It's all good:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey, Cromagnum
Welcome to the the best H-D forum around. Lot's of useful info.
here! Man, I really hated the wait for my for my bike. But just like
me, ya came here before ya got it. And if ya can't find what you're
lookin for , just ask and someone somewhere around here can help.
Lot's of good folks here!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wow from a Sporty to a big bagger, very nice bike. Are you looking to do some touring? That’s the main issue I have with the V-Rod no where to put anything but I use it most for around town anyway.

Welcome back and I think you'll find this BB a very good place, everyone is very helpful.

Dave

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VA V-ROD
Yea, Back in the day when I was single, all I needed was a bar hopper. Now planning to carry the OL's stuff and things on weekend rides, pretty much opened up my eyes to the fact that a bagger was going to be my way to get back in the wind. I know for a fact that the RKC is going to be my back and forth to work ride(25 mi ea way), so I had to get a scooter that still has attitude but doesn't look like a winnabago either (G__dW__g). No disrespect to the ultra classic so don't take me wrong.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome cromagnum,
November??? In Utah??? Don't you have snow by then? Oh Boy that'll be fun breaking in your bike in that kind of weather. HA!
Glad to hear you're going to be back on 2 wheels, and a Harley at that.
Woooo-Whoooo!! A Road King Classic -- you'll be ready to do some serious cruising.
I ordered my bike on 3 June, they told me Sep or Oct. So far June, July and half of August is down -- Damn it's been hard and seems to be getting harder and harder the closer I get to September. HA!
Good luck and glad you found the site.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cox9000
Yea it gets [email protected]#king cold in the winter here. I just hope to get in under the wire. At least get the bike past break-in period. And you are correct about the WAIT. I have never wished the summer to go by in the past, always dreading the winter. This year I'll make an exception. I guess I'll have to put a heater in the garage so I don't freeze whilst I drool and polish this winter. September in VA, Gee that would be hard to take. I did spend some time in Norfolk in the late 70's. Rode a 500 Honda then, sun,rain,snow... ok maybe not snow, but I did get stranded during a snowstorm at a friends house. 3 days later I was able to ride out, snowplows are a rare commodity in VA. Stay safe.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yeah Buddy (cromagnum), it's been HELL doing this waiting thing. Getting this Harley has been a lifelong dream for me.
I ride my bike in all sorts of weather, even in the snow, but never on ice. I have ridden on ice, oval track with spikes in my tires, up in Alaska. Talk about a blast -- Wooo-Whooo!

Snow plows aren't rare here (at least here in northern VA) anymore. I'm not really a Virginian, I've only lived here since 1997. I grew up in a military family and when I was 17 I went in the military so it's hard to call any place home. I have no idea what was going on here in the 70's.

Hope you get your bike before the weather hits hard.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
cromagnum said:
Been out of the wind for too long. <snip>. Hope I can glean some useful info from this thread. My 03 FLHRCI will arrive in Nov.--- A long time to wait, and a crappy time to break it in. It's all good:D
Welcome to the H/D Forum, cromagnum. You're absolutely right. You've got some time to get a lot of useful info. Like what mod's people make and why? And the costs. Read and learn. And ask questions.

Also, you've got plenty of time to take the MSF training class. That is a MUST.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pasadenajim
Been lurking on this and other forums for a while. Wasn't really sure if I wanted to stick around. Yes MSF course is in the near future. I'd rather learn new stuff now than go back to old habits from the past. Since transplanting from N.California (Sacto 3 yrs ago), I had thought while I lived there that most CA. drivers suffered from stupidity syndrome, I apologize, Utah drivers have first rights to that disease. Utah is a beautiful state (except for the lack of trees), but the people,...welllll.... that information is best left for a conversation over a shot and a beer!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts