V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just bad
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 20 years I finally got back into riding. My main bike then was a 72 H-D Sprint (Italian AMF) and a couple of other dirt bikes. On a few vacations over the last year or so my wife and I spent time on some Harley rentals - mostly one day rides. I did a three-day rental out in Cali last month and that pushed me off the fence :) My biggest fear was being one of those folks that drops large money on a beautiful bike then rolling it outta the garage every few months to hose off the dust. Three days on the rent-a-Heritage was enough to convince myself that I would get good use out of my own bike.

I got a deal on an 01 Road King Classic that had all the doo-dahs I would have installed myself. It's been almost a month and I'm still riding it just about every day to work and everywhere else I can muster an excuse. I have had good luck with other forums so I figured I'd give this one a spin.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome! I can almost see myself. I'll be pretty darn happy myself when I get my 03 bike, my first Harley. Like you're doing now (finding any excuse to ride it) I imagine I'll be doing the same.
Way to go on getting your Road King Classic. Ride safe!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I too took about a twenty year break in riding. These things were meant to ride, not sit in the garage. Congrats on getting a deal. They are far and few between these days.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum, thomas! Ride safe and often!! J.T.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Welcome Thomas

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome Thomas. If you make time to ride you will enjoy it. The more I ride the more I like it. Thanks for your story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts